Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

your dream homes

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ballerina wrote: »
    you must be minted!

An ex-pat who grew up in Dubai? Fucking sures she's minted! ;)
    This is my dream house, this was my first choice....but its too impractical for the land we have and the fact that the only view we're going to have is the neighbours wall! Absolutely love it though.
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    An ex-pat who grew up in Dubai? Fucking sures she's minted! ;)

Lol, im not an expat (only half...dads arabic, mums english) and i wouldnt say im minted either. :p

Think about, when you build a house, you can control a lot of variables in it...how soon you furnish, how expensive the finishings are. As an example I'm not going to furnish the 1st floor of that house when i move in (i'll wait a couple of years until my kids are old enough to be on a separate floor to me), therefore bringing costs down...also don't forget labour here is really cheap in comparison to the UK. And to top it off, when you buy a property from an estate agent, they are making a big profit on it...only person making a profit on this will be the building company.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Today I fitted a carpet in house worth over 6m. The house had 60 grands worth of flatscreen TV's alone, in Highcliff near bournmouth it has the most amzing view from the cliff it's situated on. Marble floors and kitchen, auid and network sytems throughout, and the most incredible garden.

The carpet we fitted is hand made in India, 100% silk and cost us the supplier £250 a meter (in total 30 grand). God knows what the customer paid the shop after mark up and fitting.
    Weekender Offender 
    Weren't you tempted to nick something!?

I don't have a dream home. As long as it ain't a new build i don't care.
    Lacy wrote: »
    Weren't you tempted to nick something!?

I don't have a dream home. As long as it ain't a new build i don't care.

:D
    It's still a building site. Nothing you can nick. Maybe keep a bit of waste from the carpet and fit it in my WC at home.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote: »
    Today I fitted a carpet in house worth over 6m. The house had 60 grands worth of flatscreen TV's alone, in Highcliff near bournmouth it has the most amzing view from the cliff it's situated on. Marble floors and kitchen, auid and network sytems throughout, and the most incredible garden.

The carpet we fitted is hand made in India, 100% silk and cost us the supplier £250 a meter (in total 30 grand). God knows what the customer paid the shop after mark up and fitting.

woah! i bet you were scared to move in case you broke something! Anyway, my cousin lives in bournemouth and some of the houses round the beach areas are just depressing lol.
    Ballerina wrote: »
    woah! i bet you were scared to move in case you broke something! Anyway, my cousin lives in bournemouth and some of the houses round the beach areas are just depressing lol.

Bournemouth and Poole have such contrasts. Some places are fucking horrible but then there are places such as Sanbanks and Canford Cliffs with some of the most expensive and impressive houses in the county. When I'm not laying cables I'm fitting carpets and this takes me to some of the most impressive houses you'll ever see. Of course I have to work in complete dives too.

Most of them don't do anything for me though. Just give me a small place in the country with a little land and I'd be happy.
    Weekender Offender 
    isn't there a house shaped like a spaceship in bournemouth?
    I'm renting a flat with my friend in a few months but I've kinda been looking at things out of my price range. I want this city centre flat...
    http://www.friendlylettings.co.uk/property.php?id=41
    OMG :love:
    When driving through the Amalfitan Coast I chose my dream house... It's a tad expensive though, so I'll be content with a villa in Tuscany :p

During the year I'd love to live in a modern flat in a big, bustling city, and for the holidays some place like this.

Mmmmh, I'll have to find myself a millionaire husband it seems :chin: