Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Gary Neville talks sense shocker

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Agents are a waste of time.

Much as I think he's a Manc gobshite (though I have an awful lot of respect for him) he's hit the nail right on the head this time.

Thoughts?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think the most concerning thing to come from this is finding out how United had to ban certain agents from the training ground, who were trying to tap up 11 and 12 year old boys. They sound like paedos waiting outside the school gates with a packet of sweets.

I'm sure some agents are better than others, but obviously a system whereby the PFA could take care of the players' interests would be more favourable to these leeches doing it. I'd presume that having an agent is the easy way out for alot of players. Throw them silly money and they'll sort out everything for you.
    That's probably it. It's easy for Gary Neville to say that. He's never had a transfer. I'd like to see him try to negotiate his own pay packet. They're not all as bad as they're made out, but obviously there are some that are. They should have no say in any transfer dealings besides negotiating the contract once the move is agreed in principle. None of this talking to the press about possible transfers (this goes for managers and players too), offering players to clubs, and no negotiation fee for negotiating a new contract or move. It should come out of the players wages during the time they're representing the player, no matter what happens during that period. That way you're not getting players moving just because their agents fancy a nice bonus this year, rather than because it's actually in the interests of their career.
    It's easy for Gary Neville to say that. He's never had a transfer. I'd like to see him try to negotiate his own pay packet.

I don't think he was saying that players should do everything themselves, but the PFA are there to help players without taking a huge wedge of cash, without unsettling players. The PFA can do everything for players, so why do they need filth like Cashley's agent unsettling everyone and upsetting everyone?
    That's exactly how our club owner, Vladimir Romanov, feels about agents. If you want a really good fucking laugh, have a google search for some of the rants he's had about agents and the press. The guy's a fucking loony. He called the media and press "nothing but monkeys" and presented them with free bananas and peanuts in the press box at Tynecastle :D
    All I have to say is - if Arsene Wenger disagrees, then Gary is obviously spot on... :thumb:
    That's exactly how our club owner, Vladimir Romanov, feels about agents. If you want a really good fucking laugh, have a google search for some of the rants he's had about agents and the press. The guy's a fucking loony. He called the media and press "nothing but monkeys" and presented them with free bananas and peanuts in the press box at Tynecastle :D

Have to admit, that was pretty funny.

Chic Young and the rest were pure raging about it on the radio on Saturday :thumb: