Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

"Dr" Gillian McKeith

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
LMAO

Wot no Doctorate?

Sooner this woman is dragged off our airwaves the better IMHO. I always thought she was a fake.

NB She's not a dietcian either.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    great news :yes:

sickening watching her programs polluting the minds of those who are interested with a load of crap. but then, she does like crap doesn't she.

1171483430.jpg

(topical compo on b3ta at the moment too. some of which are a bit rude, so be forewarned!)
    Replicant wrote: »
    (topical compo on b3ta at the moment too. some of which are a bit rude, so be forewarned!)

Yeah, I've seen those too. LMAO again.
    *snig* :D
    Ahahahaha brilliant. I hate her so much
    I quite like her program, she is right about all those junk food, beer guzzling lazy people.
    Bet you lot are all fat! :p
    To be honest I couldn't care less about the fact that she isn't an actual doctor, a lot of people who aren't strictly qualified do know a lot about good food in relation to good health.

HOWEVER, she is no advert for good health whatsoever - the wizzened, humourless old hag - and if following her plans and schemes would mean turning out anything like her then I'd rather look like any of the blimps on her programme thankyouverymuch.
    is she the annoying scottish doll who patronizes all these fat people on her show?
    The fact that she passes herself off as a medical professional when she isn't one is serious- not because she's on the telly, but because she takes a lot of money from people with books and clinics. She's a fraud who should be in prison.
    Addict wrote: »
    is she the annoying scottish doll who patronizes all these fat people on her show?

Yes. But "doll" is quite far back in the queue of words I'd use to describe her :razz:

The fact that she takes pleasure in poking through people's turds tells you everything you need to know!
    Plus she doesn't exactly have the image of great health. She looks like a raisen.
    This is OLD news!

Anyway, I like her program. You see these families who are obese, bad skin, bad PMT, bad toilet stuff and generally feel shit transform into much healthier, happier people. And it does make you think about what you eat.
    lipsy wrote: »
    Anyway, I like her program. You see these families who are obese, bad skin, bad PMT, bad toilet stuff and generally feel shit transform into much healthier, happier people. And it does make you think about what you eat.

Well, the ones you see and I wonder how long it lasts.

Might be worth taking a look at this
    lipsy wrote: »
    it does make you think about what you eat.

It does make you think about what you eat, and the basic message is fine- eat better food, exercise more, and you won't be fat unfit heffer any more.

The problem is all the psuedo-science bullshit that she comes out with, all the ways she is constantly peddling foods and pills that have no benefit, and have been proven to have no benefit scientifically.

I don't have that much of a problem with her TV programme, its the rest of her massive business empire that is the problem. The clinics that she won't provide proof for, the foods she lies about and falsely advertises, her false qualifications, the pills she sells that are sold on fabrications and half-truths. The fact that she makes a huge amount of money out of her fabrications and half-truths. The fact that she sues just about any scientist who disputes her half-baked "science" bullshit.

The TV programme isn't the problem, Gillian McKeith is the problem.
    lol @ b3ta
    How comes she can call herself a doctor and I cant?? What if i did a distance learning course too???
    Her show does help people, that is true. She should be more smiley though :)
    As Kermit said, the programme itself is a good idea and also probably has helped educate people and help people who may have been trying to lose weight but that woman. Briggi you're right, there is something seriously dodgy about a woman who likes looking through people's poo. She's just one of those people who i would dearly love to slap. It's just the way she's such a self-righteous, mutton dressed as lamb, juicy couture wearing old slapper who talks to people so badly it makes me cringe. When she barged into the church the other week when it was a vicar losing weight and started lecturing all the old ladies on not baking cakes and bringing healthy food inside. :no: Rude Bi**h
    It's just the way she's such a self-righteous, mutton dressed as lamb, juicy couture wearing old slapper who talks to people so badly it makes me cringe

That's one of the things that bothers me the most, she's so rude. I was watching one of the programmes a few weeks ago (what can I say? Car crash viewing) and one of her clients allowed her to stay over at her house, and this woman had such a beautiful house, and a beautiful guest room and that wretched woman was like, "So this is where I'm sleeping?" And made comments about how she's going to try to not touch anything and zipped up her sleeping bag.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the message of eating the right foods, exercise etc, but there's really no need to take it to the extreme that she does, with foul juice concoctions, obsessing about poo and nettle teas etc, I think it just alienates people further as it pushes the message that healthy living is exclusive, difficult and expensive.
    One week she threatened to chuck this bloke of the diet and show because he dared to have a glass or 2 of wine at a wedding.
    I think it's dangerous to misrepresent yourself as a medical doctor and agree with Kermit that she should be prosecuted. I picked up her book today and had a flick through and noticed some utter utter bollox, so who knows what dangerous shit she's spouting that people are taking as sound medical advice??
    I'd like to force-feed her beans se7en style. :D
    I hate the whole attitude (in food programmes in general) that if something comes in a packet, it can't possibly be healthy. I mean, why should I make a carrot and celery drink in my smoothie maker (blender that costs twice as much because someone added a tap), why can't I just buy a carton of orange juice like normal people and have carrots and celery with my food, or in soup like normal people? Incidentally, why have I never seen her give anyone some meat or fish?

Or that you're not allowed to have the odd things that's "bad for you." Even Bodybuilders admit to cheating on their diet every now and again.
    I heard a while back about this, and i thought she was going to stop using the title doctor, as it's deemed misleading. Would she have made so much money up to this point if she wasn't advertised as a doctor? :chin:
    lea_uk wrote: »
    One week she threatened to chuck this bloke of the diet and show because he dared to have a glass or 2 of wine at a wedding.

I caught that one too. He wasn't supposed to drink for 8 weeks as part of her "diet plan". In that whole 8 weeks he had a glass of wine and as you say she started the whole headmistress talk. It's hard enough losing weight let alone having to turn tea total as well!! If you want to lose weight badly enough you will allow yourself the odd cheat but also realise where the line is. It's all about a healthy balance and not overdoing it on either end of the scale.
    Can we give her wan*er of the week?:chin:
    I don't think wanker is a strong enough word, nor is a week long enough ;)
    go_away wrote: »
    it pushes the message that healthy living is exclusive, difficult and expensive.

That's the whole point though. She has a financial interest in making weight loss exclusive, difficult and expensive. All dieticians have a financial interest in doing so.

A diet that works is a financial failure. That's why WeightWatchers and the rest are set up with their points and their sins and the rest- they're designed to make people boom and bust in terms of weight loss.
    Sad, but true.

Don't even get me started on WW.
    Exactly. Where would diet plans be if they worked long term? Where would dating guru's be if you met someone, fell in love, and got married? It's all about the short-term results to keep you buying the products.
    Kermit wrote: »
    All dieticians have a financial interest in doing so.

Sorry that is not acceptable.

Dieticians don't, diets do. They are not the same thing. Dieticians are health professionals and most wouldn't have anything to do with Keith or WW...