Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Do you dream of your partner?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It struck me recently that I very, very rarely dream of my partner ... or even immediate family, for that matter.

Is that weird? Do you dream of your girlfriend/boyfriend much? I mostly dream about people I don't know ... :confused:

Comments

• Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    It struck me recently that I very, very rarely dream of my partner ... or even immediate family, for that matter.

Is that weird? Do you dream of your girlfriend/boyfriend much? I mostly dream about people I don't know ... :confused:

I hardly ever dream of family or people I'm close to. I usually dream about random's from work or people off the tv lol. If I do dream about girls, it's usually one's that are long long gone for some reason. So, I don't think it's wierd...
  • Options
    i do fairly often.
  • Options
    when I dream about people it's usually people I do not see often or people I do not know well. I think this is pretty usual, because I believe that dreams are - partially - unfinished processes of thinking when you are awake.

If you see a collegue of study and make thoughts about him/her, it's more likely to dream about him/her, as about your mother, who you see each day and don't think much about it.
  • Options
    Almost all of my dreams involve people I know so the other half invariably pops up. What was weird though was the other night when I dreamt I was having sex with one of my mates... that was freaky! Apparently I woke the boy up because I kept saying 'no' and 'i don't like it' in my sleep!
  • Options
    No as I don't have one.

I never do when I do have a partner though really.

I dream of random people.
  • Options
    Yes sometimes I do.
  • Options
    sometimes - its not often i remember my dreams and when i do, it's usually completely random made up people. Or it's my family/people i know, but we all look totally different.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    - its not often i remember my dreams and when i do, it's usually completely random made up people. Or it's my family/people i know, but we all look totally different.

I get this as well. TBH, I dream more about people I've met from the internet (the scary thing being that I took a break from a forum I post on and dreamt more about people from the forum then than I normally would) than do about people in real life.
  • Options
    I dont remember my dreams, and when I do I very rarely dream about my partner (if I have one that is)
  • Options
    To be honest i usually find myself dreaming about other peoples partners :D
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I dreamt of my boyfriend only the other day.
  • Options
    Nope. I just have weird dreams where I get hurt. Ahhh
  • Options
    Lately I've been dreaming of him going off with other women... and that one time when he told me to get out in 15 minutes and then chased me with a single blade razor to skin me and dump me in a hole in the backyard...
  • Options
    my_name wrote: »
    Lately I've been dreaming of him going off with other women... and that one time when he told me to get out in 15 minutes and then chased me with a single blade razor to skin me and dump me in a hole in the backyard...

eek, that's harsh
  • Options
    Right? ANd then he chased me with a swiss army knife and told me about the hole he had just dug for the next week :p
  • Options
    Not that i have a partner now, but i have done in the past a fair bit.

Has anyone ever dreamt about someone they'd not met before then actually met them in real life at a later date... i have :nervous:
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    Not that i have a partner now, but i have done in the past a fair bit.

Has anyone ever dreamt about someone they'd not met before then actually met them in real life at a later date... i have :nervous:

Not me. I've had de ja vous though. Maybe you are psychic? :hyper:
  • Options
    I pretty much NEVER dream about my girlfriend, but I do have sexual dreams sometimes, with people my mind seemingly makes up (probably from bits and pieces of real people I know). Most of my dreams are wierd as hell and either involve work or fighting someone or something.
  • Options
    I had a dream a little while ago about someone I fancied but every time we nearly got down to doing the 'business', there was some sort of 'interruption' in the dream (e.g. phone ringing, people interrupting etc).

I presumed it was because, as I have never seen them naked and so didn't know what to 'dream' about regardng them in a sexual manner, my dream never progressed further than a kiss ... very frustrating! :lol:
  • Options
    I dream about someone, yes. I don't really like those dreams. They're so realistic and vivid I have a hard time snapping back to reality and it usually takes a couple of days to come to the conclusion that "it was just a dream". I could elaborate, but I'm not going to be a bore.
  • Options
    Yeah I dream about him quite a bit, nothing interesting happens though.
  • Options
    I dream about him quite often. I did last night.
  • Options
    Hmm, sometimes. If I do it's usually related to sex. I dream about other people a lot more than I dream about my partner though.
  • Options
    I don't dream much, went through a phase of nightmares just around Xmas but those have stopped now.

I do go to sleep thinking about him though, and I day dream about him a lot, for example reliving our evening last night in a boring lecture today, all in my head of course. :blush:
  • Options
    I don't usually, but i dreamt last night we broke up. It wasn't very nice.

Other half has been known to have dreams about sleeping with my friends :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Last night I dreamt I met Jim_V in McDonalds. He was skinny and black in the dream though but it was definately him.
  • Options
    I dreamt about her last night. Though that was more of a nightmare. Although I'm getting better with them :)
  • Options
    Rarely dream about people I am seeing. Had a seriously odd one about a friend of mine last night though.
  • Options
    nearly all my dreams involve my boyfriend :)
  • Options
    Never :no: