Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

The Verdict on BBC 2

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Is anyone watching this?
It concludes tonight. Do you think they will find him guilty or not guilty? And will we ever find out what really happened?

Stan Collymore is awful!!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    from what ive seen so far, i'd go for not guilty. having said that i havent been really concentrating on it.

stan collymore is an annoying bastard, but then i knew that before this show.

i was talking about this last night i recon at the end of the series they'll go "he's guilty" and then they will say that it was based on real evidence and they got off with it, or the other way round, that evidence got someone banged up.

just a thought.
    I watched it on Sunday but I forgot about it last night.
    Anyone else watch the outcome last night?

It was quite hard to see the guys let off when most the jury believed rape had taken place.

Watching that would put me off going to the police if I had been raped...it seems so unfair for the potential victim to be questioned about being a virgin and her sexual history. It's as if she is on trial.

I thought there were new regulations against that sort of questioning?
    definately agree

it's horrible to think that that girl could have been raped and they got let off

i mean, realistically, how many cases can you PROVE 100% that they were raped? unless there was a witness or something? (which is highly unlikely!)

its such a sad state of affairs

now i know why kermit's always bringing it up lol
  • smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    PussyKatty wrote: »
    Anyone else watch the outcome last night?

It was quite hard to see the guys let off when most the jury believed rape had taken place.

Watching that would put me off going to the police if I had been raped...it seems so unfair for the potential victim to be questioned about being a virgin and her sexual history. It's as if she is on trial.

I thought there were new regulations against that sort of questioning?

It has to be like that, if they spot a hole in the story then they have to keep digging. Its not exactly fair for an innocent man (if he's innocent) to go to jail.
    smitherz wrote: »
    Its not exactly fair for an innocent man (if he's innocent) to go to jail.

Yeah, of course. But it's equally wrong for a guilty man to walk free and a rape victim to be left feeling completely let down by the justice system and looking like a liar.