Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Banged my head :(

I really banged my head last night on the corner of a wall. Today i've been feeling spaced out, drowsy but really agitated and i had trouble focussing for a little while.

Can i get concussion from hitting my head like that?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sounds like it, you must have really given your brain a shake. Might be worth a trip to the docs.
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    I really banged my head last night on the corner of a wall. Today i've been feeling spaced out, drowsy but really agitated and i had trouble focussing for a little while.

Can i get concussion from hitting my head like that?

lol If you've hit your head, then you've hit your head. I doesn't matter how you did it. I would get that checked out though. Better to be safe than sorry and all that jazz.
  • Options
    You should get it checked out for definate. If you're in doubt ring NHS helpline and they'll advise you better than we can on whether you need medical assistance
  • Options
    I'd definitely always get stuff like this checked out, especially with the weird feelings. You can never be too careful with your heed!
  • Options
    Yeah definitely get it checked out, you don't want to be collapsing somewhere and banging your head again resulting in more serious injuries or even death.
  • Options
    Err on the side of caution where head injuries are concerned, mate. They're a really difficult thing to judge and while you might think we're being big ole hypochondriacs it'd be wrong to advise you to just wait it out as no one would want to be even partly responsible for your death (ok, I wouldn't, anyway :razz:) So yeah, always best to be on the safe side.

Don't feel daft or like you're overreacting if you go to A&E, but if you do decide you don't want to go to the hospital then please make sure you have someone who can check on you regularly through the night if you continue to feel spaced out and dizzy. I'm sure your family will just LOVE you, but it's worth being vigilant :thumb:
  • Options
    I've booked tomorrow morning off so i can go see someone.

However just in case i have advised my mother that i may not wake up tomorrow morning :p