Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Itchy feet

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
On Friday i went out into the cold cold snow wearing trainers. I stepped into an icey puddle and had to walk all the way home with soaking wet, freezing cold feet. I woke up the next day with a terrible itch on one toe, which later spread to another, then my other foot and this morning the balls of both feet started tingling. Could the icey water and the itching/tingling be related?

I asked my SO to take a look (he suffers from recurring bouts of athletes foot), but he said it didn't look like it could be that. The itching is driving me to distraction! There's no rash or flaking. Does anyone have any ideas about what it could be, or how i could treat it? I've tried hydrocortisone cream, but it's not helping.

Comments

• Options
    I've had this before. I went to the doctor and they gave me some Lamsil (sp) cream for it.

I keep getting a smiliar thing now - my feet will itch and sometimes they can be painful to walk on. Within a few days, they clear up.
  • Options
    Could be chilblains?

If it is, they'll go away on their own, but anti-itch creams like lanacane are a godsend :thumb:
  • Options
    sounds a lot like how my athletes foot starts, then if left untreated it can get to the flakey/peeley stage. Lamisil (as someone else mentioned) is a great anti-fungal, if you can get the spray thats even better. try boots.