Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

A weight watchers question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have been inspired to attempt this (again :p) I found my book and had a question so now I'm asking everywhere to get a general consensious. So they have the different points catagories for what you way... but I'm stuck inbetween 2 of them. My weight can fluctuate 5 or 6 lbs a day and an average weight for me falls exactly between 2 of the catagories.

Say one goes from 50-99lbs and the other goes from 100-149lbs, on an average day I'll weigh anywhere from say 96 to 103lbs. So which catagory would be me?

(I'm just doing it on my own, no meetings or anything so I can't ask them)

Comments

• Options
    It doesn't matter really. It's more about changing your eating habits than the portions you use.

Either will work.
  • Options
    dunno. but best bet is to stop obsessing about your weight and dieting. fullstop.
  • Options
    otter wrote: »
    dunno. but best bet is to stop obsessing about your weight and dieting. fullstop.

No. I'm overweight and have recently aquired high blood pressure. Its pretty important at the moment. (And yes, I do excersize regularly before another helpfull post comes)
  • Options
    my_name wrote: »
    No. I'm overweight and have recently aquired high blood pressure. Its pretty important at the moment. (And yes, I do excersize regularly before another helpfull post comes)

best bet is to eat sensibly and healthily.
  • Options
    Really? Thanks!
  • Options
    Well i would tend to say the lower one as, as you lose weight you will have to adjust to that soon enough anyway?
  • Options
    Really? Thanks!

yeah. but come on'
    diets are always messed up whether you go for: points, cutting out certain foods, calorie counting, missing meals, slim fast, diet pills, fasting - whatever.
    WW exists so that heinz can better market and sell their products.
    seriously just be sensible about what you eat and you'll do fine - and that can last forever, where diets rarely do.
  • Options
    Tweety wrote: »
    Well i would tend to say the lower one as, as you lose weight you will have to adjust to that soon enough anyway?

Oh I didn't even think of that. Thanks.
  • Options
    otter wrote: »
    WW exists so that heinz can better market and sell their products.

Which came first, Weight Watcher or the related heinz products?
  • Options
    Tweety wrote: »

Yeah thats what i was going to say. What is the difference between the two diets anyway, if you are in the heavier catagory are your calories restricted more?
  • Options
    It doesn't matter really. It's more about changing your eating habits than the portions you use.

Either will work.

I'm hoping it will jumpstart that for me. I"ve the worst eating habbits and I think maybe I can use this as a learning tool for a while to get me into the habbit. Like tracking the lack of fruits and vegitables and extra amounts of fat will give me a push in the right direction. Probably not, but I can always hope. I think its worth a shot.

And, Ruby, the higher one gives you more points to work with.
  • Options

More points? wow fair enough then! So the bigger you are the more they want you to eat, seems odd! It must work though otherwise all these women wouldn't be paying £5 a week to not lose anything!
    I would be curious to give it ago but i don't think i would be able to stick to it very long, how would you work out how many points in a prawn tikka masala :p
  • Options
    I'm hoping it will jumpstart that for me. I"ve the worst eating habbits and I think maybe I can use this as a learning tool for a while to get me into the habbit. Like tracking the lack of fruits and vegitables and extra amounts of fat will give me a push in the right direction. Probably not, but I can always hope. I think its worth a shot.

If you want the unsolicited non-WW related advice ;) I can recommend a site that has some good nutritional tips and info?
  • Options
    I have been inspired to attempt this (again :p) I found my book and had a question so now I'm asking everywhere to get a general consensious. So they have the different points catagories for what you way... but I'm stuck inbetween 2 of them. My weight can fluctuate 5 or 6 lbs a day and an average weight for me falls exactly between 2 of the catagories.

Say one goes from 50-99lbs and the other goes from 100-149lbs, on an average day I'll weigh anywhere from say 96 to 103lbs. So which catagory would be me?

(I'm just doing it on my own, no meetings or anything so I can't ask them)
    Why not start of with the one that is easier (more points per day for a bit) and then when you have lost a bit of weight go for fewer points per day?

Good luck :)
  • Options
    go_away wrote: »
    If you want the unsolicited non-WW related advice ;) I can recommend a site that has some good nutritional tips and info?

Share then! :p
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote: »
    Share then! :p

Since you pulled my leg :p

This place has a pretty good information base for beginners who are looking into improving their overall health. I love it because the writer is pretty cutting, makes an excellent point about diets, and I agree with most of the stuff on her crap list :D