Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

20 y/old virgin

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Btw... May I see ya picture as well?

Because somebody said you look like a 'toff'... Does that mean uncool? Too well groomed?
  • Options
    *photo removed*

I'm on the right. My core group of mates are on the left. As you can see we are very much alike, yet they pull all the time and I never have.
  • Options
    Jomery wrote: »

I'm on the right. My core group of mates are on the left. As you can see we are very much alike, yet they pull all the time and I never have.

Thats a cute pic of you there.
  • Options
    Ever heard of inverse snobbery?

She just likes them rough thats all :razz:
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    Thats a cute pic of you there.

:yes:
  • Options
    Too many failed attempts, too many tries moving in to kiss someone and they turn their cheek or stop me, even if they're blind drunk, means I don't.

You know, most guys face that. Since its mostly the men who make the first move, its gona be them that experience the most rejection. I bet your mates have all felt it many times - its just something you don't boast about.
  • Options
    There's certainly nothing wrong with the way you look, just asked my 14 year old daughter and she agrees. Must be something else that's putting them off.
  • Options
    [

Blue top with a white shirt?
  • Options
    A very diverse variety - bankers, lawyers, teachers, nurses, waitresses, students. In different towns/cities of the UK, whether at house parties, nightclubs, bars, birthdays, the same question always crops up, the whole country is obsessed with whether people are virgins or not. :banghead:

nothing wrong with being a virgin .. but I can't believe you've gotten to 23 and not even kissed a girl?

Noticed from the pics you seem to be a smoker - that might put some women off giving you a snog.
  • Options
    Ever heard of inverse snobbery? :no: I'm so sorry that I was unfortunate enough to be born to rich parents who had my best interests at heart, and really apologise that I had to go to one of the world's best universities.

Do you take that scathing approach to anyone who has a bit of a poke at you? If so, that may explain your lake of progress with the ladies.

If I were a girl, I would not go out with you. You look alright, but from the things you have said on here, and what I see as your attitude, I would be unlikely to approach you or your group unless I was with my friends, and I would have no interest in being alone with you. My guess is that you come across as being somewhat aloof, and I'd see that as intimidating and offputting.

You're unlikely to be able to change much of that, so you may just have to wait around for the type of girl who finds all of that stuff attractive.
  • Options
    Namaste wrote: »
    Blue top with a white shirt?
    Yes, hence "on the right". Could you pls remove that hyperlink from the quote.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    You know, most guys face that. Since its mostly the men who make the first move, its gona be them that experience the most rejection. I bet your mates have all felt it many times - its just something you don't boast about.

Oh yes :yes:

Mate, you remind me of one of my pals. The last few times I've been out with him I've had him in floods of tears at the end of the night because he's not pulled and he's got a similar attitude to you. He doesn't seem to go out to have a drink a dance and maybe a flirt, he just wants to pull somebody, anybody. You don't like hearing this, but if you go out with the main priority of having a good time, you'll come across as being so much more relaxed and girls pick up on it.

It's not like you'd even be genuine about the whole thing, cause you only seem to want to pull for your own satisfaction and use the girl just so you felt better about yourself and got the monkey off your back.

Have you spoken to your mates about it? You're maybe coming across as being creepy, too intense or anything without even realising it.
  • Options
    Why has this thread been hijacked with jeomerys problems that we've already discussed to death?
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    Why has this thread been hijacked with jeomerys problems that we've already discussed to death?

Threads develop. Don't discuss it if you don't want to.
  • Options
    LondonGuy wrote: »
    Noticed from the pics you seem to be a smoker - that might put some women off giving you a snog.

This would certainly put me off.
    If I were a girl, I would not go out with you. You look alright, but from the things you have said on here, and what I see as your attitude, I would be unlikely to approach you or your group unless I was with my friends, and I would have no interest in being alone with you. My guess is that you come across as being somewhat aloof, and I'd see that as intimidating and offputting.

Agreed. Personally, I don't fancy you. You do come across as one of those who expects far too much as well.
  • Options
    Yes, hence "on the right". Could you pls remove that hyperlink from the quote.

Done and there's no need to be rude. :yeees:

You're actually a nice looking bloke. I've never talked to you before in real life, so it's hard to see where you're going wrong... You do seem to objectify women though and to look down on people who don't earn as much as you.

I'd rather date somebody who was on 20K and had worked their way up and worked hard and who was content and laid back than a private school person who went to Cambridge, is on a shitload of money and who thinks they're more worthy of a partner than the nice down to earth person who earns less. Which is the vibe I've got from your posts.

Women aren't trophies.
  • Options
    Namaste wrote: »
    I'd rather date somebody who was on 20K and had worked their way up and worked hard and who was content and laid back than a private school person who went to Cambridge, is on a shitload of money and who thinks they're more worthy of a partner than the nice down to earth person who earns less. Which is the vibe I've got from your posts.

Women aren't trophies.

This is probably where he's going wrong - he comes across as though he thinks he deserves someone...
  • Options
    Do you talk nonstop about what school you went to, what job you have, how much money you make, how sociable you are, how everybody wants to meet you and be you and all the rest you've mentioned nonstop here when talking to these girls you want to try to pick up? I agree with alot of the others, I would assume it is your arrogant attitude that puts girls off.
  • Options
    my_name wrote: »
    Do you talk nonstop about what school you went to, what job you have, how much money you make, how sociable you are, how everybody wants to meet you and be you and all the rest you've mentioned nonstop here when talking to these girls you want to try to pick up? I agree with alot of the others, I would assume it is your arrogant attitude that puts girls off.
    I've said repeately in person I'm quite modest and don't like talking about myself, have often been commented about being rather modest, on these threads I've mentioned everything to show why I'm frustrated. It's not surprising if someone's never been kissed if they never go out, don't have friends etc like the OP of this thread, in my case it's too often "I don't understand what's wrong".
  • Options
    in my case it's too often "I don't understand what's wrong".

Well, you do come acorss as one of those people who think that because they've done this & that, they deserve a girlfriend...
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Ballerina wrote: »
    Why has this thread been hijacked
    She has a point. It's really rude to take over someone's thread :yes:
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote: »
    She has a point. It's really rude to take over someone's thread :yes:

and he has his own thread as well I think.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    and he has his own thread as well I think.

and this thread is basically turning into a repeat of it
  • Options
    You are what you give, not what you get back. At the end of the day that is what you will be judged for.

Jomery's story looks familiar - there was someone who posted here 3 months ago who was in trouble for stalking a girl and his story reminds me a bit of that one.

With regards to hornet, I had similar problems so I can relate. You need to find the circle where you are comfortable. You could also probably do with some social skills training because it sounds like you desperately need it. Do you suffer from Aspergers by any chance?
  • Options
    Ever heard of inverse snobbery? :no: I'm so sorry that I was unfortunate enough to be born to rich parents who had my best interests at heart, and really apologise that I had to go to one of the world's best universities.

I might possibly be an inverse snob, but that doesn't alter the fact that i don't find toffs remotely attractive, which is all i stated in my post - as well as saying that you might be going for the wrong type of girls.

You sound like a snob yourself with that comment. Not really attractive is it.
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    I might possibly be an inverse snob, but that doesn't alter the fact that i don't find toffs remotely attractive, which is all i stated in my post - as well as saying that you might be going for the wrong type of girls.

You sound like a snob yourself with that comment. Not really attractive is it.

:yes:

I really hate snobs. I could NEVER go out with one.
  • Options
    Sure, fair enough.

But again this isn't the problem, I primarily hang out with other Cambridge grads working in London, so meet other Oxbridge/London grads working as lawyers, investment bankers, management consultants etc, most of whom also from public schools, just as naturally 'snobby'.

Gnite
  • Options
    Sure, fair enough.

But again this isn't the problem, I primarily hang out with other Cambridge grads working in London, so meet other Oxbridge/London grads working as lawyers, investment bankers, management consultants etc, most of whom also from public schools, just as naturally 'snobby'.

Gnite

Well then something else must be wrong if your all the same.
  • Options
    Oxbridge/private school students aren't "naturally" snobby. One of my better friends goes to Cambridge, and came from Colchester Royal Grammar School to do the IB at my college before going there, and he's FAR from snobby...
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Lacy wrote: »
    Well then something else must be wrong if your all the same.
    No shit sherlock!

:p;)