Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

suspended studies hell

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
hi all,

well to cut a long story short. i took suspended studies last summer from march 06 till Jan 07 due to health problems.
anyway i was due to return 2 weeks ago but its all been going wrong for me again! i come in and the tutors not there who i want to talk too then i go to enrol again and they ask me if im returning full time or part time and i didnt think i had a choice! i thought i had to return part time now to complete my course. my lea are not suportive and keep hassling me for money or what im doing.

has anyone else had this suspended studies and had loads of rubbish from lea but also find it hard to go back!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have you tried making an appointment to see the tutor in question? That may work better than just going in and hoping to see them.

When I go back I'm going back full time.

You may not necessarily have a choice of full/part time, but if other people might then that option will be on the system and hence the enrollment people ask.
    yeh, ive been emailing the tutor to try and get an appointment but he hasnt been answaring my emails. i phoned once and he wasnt in his office.
    ive just emailed the department office and they have no idea whats going on and want to know if i return to uni part time who will pay my tution fees!!
    arrh
    Course director?

I'd go for an emailing/phoning all and sundry who may be able to help, and make sure that they all know that you are trying and getting no where and need some answers.
    course director is off sick, part - time head tutor on my course is off sick! i went in today and there was a bit confusion about what was going on.
    i asked to make an appointment and they just left a note for the tutor to contact me. i made it clear that i was getting no where and i wanted to get started on my course but they didnt seem to do much! i should of started my course by now! i hope its not too late to get on with my course because i have units to complete and also i hope my lea will pay for the units ....its £200 a unit and 3 units a year!
    You been in touch with your LEA at all?

Getting funding for part time can be tricky.