Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

university offer requirements

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
yet more confusion over university offers!

I've applied for one particular uni and they've replied with a conditional offer :) but they've said I require a B in a subject I don't do :eek2:

I do English language A level and an English literature AS level and I've applied for an English Studies course. English Language is accepted as one of my A levels for this course, but they've come back to me saying I need an A in English Literature, but I only do the AS :confused:

I'm guessing they've made a mistake, at least I hope so. Would it be best to email them? If so, the English department itself, or just the general admissions office?

Cheers
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Its probably best to phone the admissions office for clarification. Its possible that they mean they want an A in the English Literature AS level, but without asking its hard to tell. Calling them is usually the most direct way to find out.
  • Options
    I would call them - but we were always told at school English A-Level wasnt' necessary (it wasnt' even offered) as you always needed English Lit to get onto English Courses at university.

Mind you I did go to a school were we wern't taught how to type because that was something secretaries did and we were all going to have secretary's not need them. (i also clearly didnt' get taught how to spell either)....
  • Options
    Call them up. It's always the easiest way to resolve any misunderstandings.
  • Options
    ahh but i'm a wimp and don't like talking to scarey admissions people on the phone :blush:

do you think it's better to contact the admissions office, or the english department?
  • Options
    The admissions office - but I suspect they have all gone home by now so you will have to do it on Monday. It will be fine - i was always putting off stuff like this but 99% of the time the people are really nice when you phone up.
  • Options
    Admissions office as a starting point, they may put you onto the English department, but as the offer came from them then they are the best people to start with.

However much you hate it, get on the phone to them, they get 1000s of electronic applications and emails, make their day and get the clarification you need by talking to them on the phone.
  • Options
    Have you phoned them yet!
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    Have you phoned them yet!

contacted them yes...phoned them no. I chickened out and just sent them an email yesterday :blush:

but the admissions officer got back to me today and she said she thinks they may have mistaken my English Literature AS level for an A level, and she's referred it on to the department and they will notify me 'in due course'. Fingers crossed the application still stands though :(