Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

NFL player with hiv

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Have you people heard about a nfl player was tested positive for hiv because he had sex with a girl in 2000 and didn't use a condom and 7 years after the girl had it now judges r giving him life in prison i don't that's right
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think most of us live in the UK. I've not seen it on BBC News yet!

But anyway, who gave who HIV? Your question makes no sense. Was it the dude who gave the chick HIV? If it is, and he knew about it, then yes, it's wrong for him to have sex with someone unprotected who is oblivious to the fact he has HIV.

Whether he deserves life in prison depends on his intent and their relationship.
    No, I haven't heard about it. I suspect that's because it's not happened.

Link?
    killabeez wrote: »
    Have you people heard about a nfl player was tested positive for hiv because he had sex with a girl in 2000 and didn't use a condom and 7 years after the girl had it now judges r giving him life in prison i don't that's right

Why? Do you think he should get nothing? Bearing in mind that he's probably f**ked up her life...
    Sofie wrote: »
    Why? Do you think he should get nothing? Bearing in mind that he's probably f**ked up her life...

But we don't know anyhting about the case. Did he know, did he tell her, did she know, did they use proctection ? Unless the OP can put up a link and we can read some facts we can't make judgements.

If he knew he was +ve, and deliberately infected her then yes he should be charged. If they both knew and used proctection but she became +ve, or neither of them knew and she became infected then no he shouldn't.