Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What kind of bf/gf are you?

Are you one of those people that has to be with their other half 24/7, or do you like to keep them at arms length?

I'm starting to think all blokes are clingy, irritating twats.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yep, that somes me up when i have a girlfriend.
  • Options
    Cool name and pic to the dude above.....

hmm I reckon some pople are a bit too stand offish, bit too into their indepenace and are a bit too cool for school about it.

I wouldn't mind a girl I was actually into, wnating to see me and be with me.

Unfortaunately its always the ones I ain't inot that give me the attention..
  • Options
    I'd liked to be able to see my boyfriend everyday but not spend every minute of everyday with him. Obviously we both need our own space and time to be with friends, but i like to see him often otherwise i feel sad :blush:
  • Options
    I'm a big believer in doing things seperately aswell as doing things as a couple.
  • Options
    I like seeing and spending time with someone buts if its 24/7 it can get a bit too much for me. I cant stand clingy guys, its drives me nuts.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote: »
    I'm starting to think all blokes are clingy, irritating twats.

:lol: Not all, but some definitely are. Same goes for lasses.

I used to need a LOT of space in my relationships, I guess because we lived in each other's pockets I ended up being frustrated as there was no balance between "me" time and "we" time.

I have it about right these days, I definitely still need time by myself or with mates. I do feel suffocated quite easily at times, then at others there's no one else I want to spend time with. Oh mood swings :D
  • Options
    only usually see my other half at the weekend, would like to see her more often but this works good. gives us our freedom during the week, then do things together at the weekend.

best of both worlds.
  • Options
    i tend to be rather clingy :razz:

but ive been getting better at the whole distancing yourself thing.
  • Options
    I'm not clingy in the way that I need to be with my partner 24/7, one of my ex's was like that with me and it drove me fucking mad! Space is definately a very good thing.
    However I do worry about my girlfriends when they go out and I'm not with them, although I never let them know that.
    I also fall for girls way too easily, I'll pull some girl whilst very drunk in a club and I'll be thinking about her for a few days after and how it could have possibly been something more.
  • Options
    I'm independent, straight talking and maybe 'stand offish' at times.

I don't like to be smothered, nor do I like for people to be over-proective of me, it makes me uncomfortable and I'd rather be with somebody who lets me make mistakes and learns from them.
  • Options
    aye, as clingy as i am, i hate being smothered. i like a little bit of clinginess back, its sorta cute. but when it reaches the verge of obsession, i get a little pissed
  • Options
    I think in my case the reason i get clingy (not to point of being together 24/7, i do enjoy my own space and time) is because i am doing what i want the girl to do back to me. I am clingy with a girlfriend (which is a bad way to be) because i am hoping they will be the same with me, rather then doing what they usually do and only think of themselves and be very aloof and pretty much act like they only want to be with me when it is convenient.

i have had much bad experience with girlfriends in last few years.
  • Options
    Me and the fella aint able to spend every day together at the moment because of uni, but we both enjoy seeing each other every day when possible, but then the 1st year of our rel we were working together every day and then seeing each other most evenings and at the weekend, so it's what we're used to. But that isn't to say we didn't have our own space to do what we want as well.
  • Options
    I have been clingy in the past but I don't think I'm clingy at all now. I've grown out of it.

I realise how unattractive guys (well, the ones I've been with) find it so purposely go to an effort not to be clingy.

I, myself, need lots of ME time. I don't think I could deal with a clingy guy. I'd feel trapped and smothered and urgh :yuck:
  • Options
    I'm still in my honeymoon period I think :naughty: . Feels like that anyway, without going gooooey and shizzle. Ermmm I don't know what type of girlfriend I am..I think I'm affectionate and I don't take myself too seriously..Yarghhh I dunnoooooo!
  • Options
    I am clingy. Very clingy. In a wanting to spend almost all my time with him way.

But that's ok, because he's exactly the same :p.
  • Options
    Unfortunately my girlfriend lives 3 hours up the A1 and see each other roughly about once every 2 weeks. So any time together we make the most of it. When i see her, above all else I'm just glad of her company.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    I am clingy. Very clingy. In a wanting to spend almost all my time with him way.

But that's ok, because he's exactly the same :p.

we are the same, he only goes home one night a week and i hate that night of lonliness :(
  • Options
    Im not sure id call it clingy, but i do like to spend a lot of time with my boyfriend and if were not together I like to be able to contact him.
    I HATE nights apart. I do like my own space too though but I like to know hes there.
    I think were pretty much the same on clinginess levels, which works :)
  • Options
    we are the same, he only goes home one night a week and i hate that night of lonliness :(
    I said I want to spend all my time with him, not I DO spend all my time with him :(.

Unfortunately I see mine about as much as you're away from yours :p:(.
  • Options
    I am soooooooooooo not clingy in the slightest.

If I am seeing somebody, and it feels comfortable to spend x amount of time with them, then I will... If not, I don't.
  • Options
    nah i'm not clingy. i like being with someone but i like time to myself too and time to do what i want. obviously it depends on the distance and everything but i'd be happy with that we both had time for and understand if someone wants to be with their mates or anything like that. i wouldn't find clingyness attractive but i wouldn't like it if the other person never made the effort.
  • Options
    My girlfriend is too clingy sometimes.

I like my own space, and I like to do things on my own or with my friends but I rarely get enough/any time to do that apart from weights/martial arts/work lol.

It does my head in when people always want to 'cuch' and shit, I like cuching as much as the next bloke, but not ALL the time, jesus!

And no, I'm not in a mood, just because I want to lie on the other couch! lol
  • Options
    wtf's a cuch?!
  • Options
    a cuch, a cwtch, you know, a hug, but for a long period
    lol

a cuddle maybe a better word
  • Options
    a cwtch?! i'm thinking maybe it's a welsh thing. :p

eta: i like hugs so me and my ex used to have big hugs, it was never meant in a clingy way though!
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    When I've got a missus I never spend enough time with her.
    I still spend too much time with my mates, pretty much all the girls I've been with have said the same thing.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    a cwtch?! i'm thinking maybe it's a welsh thing. :p

eta: i like hugs so me and my ex used to have big hugs, it was never meant in a clingy way though!

No I like lots of hugs too but sometimes its like for fuck sake lol :D

a fucking cuch how can you not have heard that, I am flabbergasted.
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    When I've got a missus I never spend enough time with her.
    I still spend too much time with my mates, pretty much all the girls I've been with have said the same thing.

I'm the same. I'd spend my whole weekends with my friends and she'd not see me for 3 days straight. I didn't see the problem because I was still available all week! I'd be crucified by my friends if I ever performed the mortal sin of 'muff before mates'. Can't keep everyone happy.
  • Options
    Well with my last ex I was too clingy, but that's another story..plus over a year ago.

The now, well when I was seeing a few lads I'd see them once every week/twice a week if I was out and they were too.

They'd always text me/phone me occasionally so it's not as though because I wasn't touching their toilet parts I wasn't on their mind which was nice. Vice versa for me! :razz: