Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I could really do with a good night out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Ugh, been ill this week, haven't had a night out for months! There must be a social coming up soon though :( I daren't go out on my own, and my housemates don't tend to do the going-out scene :p (full time nursing students).

So yea, just wanted to vent. I really feel the need to get drunk and attempt to dance! :p
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Entertainment?

Surely you have mates other than full time nursing students?
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Entertainment?

Surely you have mates other than full time nursing students?

Oops.

Erm, not at Uni, just one society I hang around with when they organise socials every few weeks.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Oops.

Erm, not at Uni, just one society I hang around with when they organise socials every few weeks.
    What about people on your course?

They all boring sods too?
    JsT wrote: »
    What about people on your course?

They all boring sods too?

Well I don't really know any of them, Maths isn't the most social of subjects :p
    Well I don't really know any of them, Maths isn't the most social of subjects :p

Lies. My best mate is the biggest party animal going, and shes a maths student :p

Get to know them, they might surprise you :thumb:
    Lies. My best mate is the biggest party animal going, and shes a maths student :p

Get to know them, they might surprise you :thumb:

Doesn't mean they all are, the fella next door to me in halls last year was a really great guy but he never once went out, maybe once or twice at the end when all the exams finished. (Oh and he did Maths too)

I don't hang about with anyone in my course, I was lucky enough to already have friends up in my uni and meet loads of people in halls that weren't stooges.
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Doesn't mean they all are, the fella next door to me in halls last year was a really great guy but he never once went out, maybe once or twice at the end when all the exams finished. (Oh and he did Maths too)

True indeed-it was the fact that they arent all quiet people that I was trying to highlight, just phrased it pretty badly :)
    I wouldn't survive university if I didn't have a social life, especially being a level 1 student, you gotta live for the experience.
    well ill have to see, havent really made any friends off my course, they tended to stick with their housematyes (lots of maths students are put in the same accomodation it seems)
    You don't always have to plan big - ask a couple of people out for a couple of drinks after uni and see where the night takes you. If it's anything like my experience (which usually led to carnage on the dancefloor at 2.30am) then you're onto a winner.

I absolutely loved my first year at uni, I lived with five other guys and it was the best time of my life.

Scary to think it's coming on for six years ago now :eek2:
    Head down to the college bars...there's always things going on.

I should have read this last week though...I'd have dragged ya out when I was bored on Sat night watching my fella work. :rolleyes:
    Kazbo wrote: »
    Head down to the college bars...there's always things going on.

I should have read this last week though...I'd have dragged ya out when I was bored on Sat night watching my fella work. :rolleyes:

:yes:

You are near Derwent aren't you Rich?

I'd imagine its quite easy to chat to people in Derwent bar.
    :yes:

You are near Derwent aren't you Rich?

I'd imagine its quite easy to chat to people in Derwent bar.

Mum told me not to talk to strangers...
    :lol: Head over to Alcuin then on a Friday night and harrass my fella who's more often than not working the bar...He's only slightly strange. ;)
    Go out on valentines night with a mate (if you have any ;) ) if not go out alone. There will be plenty of single people out for a good night out. Also a lot of anti valentines im sure.... its what im going to do.

This is going to be my first single valentines in about 6 years...so im quite excited !
    Mum told me not to talk to strangers...

Hahahaha.

I've changed my mind. Go nextdoor and wait for a certain someone to turn up!

Now, that would entertain you!!! :lol:

I still can't believe you live nextdoor to this said person - small world!
    Come back to Leicester, it's all happening here :p
    Phoenix_ wrote: »
    Go out on valentines night with a mate (if you have any ;) ) if not go out alone. There will be plenty of single people out for a good night out. Also a lot of anti valentines im sure.... its what im going to do.

This is going to be my first single valentines in about 6 years...so im quite excited !

anti valentines events is where i'll be at this year =\ brilliant idea, combine people who are without love and some alchohol. i should open a bar and get on this too.
    Hahahaha.

I've changed my mind. Go nextdoor and wait for a certain someone to turn up!

Now, that would entertain you!!! :lol:

I still can't believe you live nextdoor to this said person - small world!

I did maths homework with person's housemates :eek:
    ruby_soho wrote: »
    Come back to Leicester, it's all happening here :p

I did for a weekend! And omg how lame is a night out in Leicester? :lol: it's only good when you get back to your mates house :). But the bars and clubs are shite tbh :p
    I did maths homework with person's housemates :eek:

Did you not ask the 'ilovemaths' girl for help? :lol:
    would anyone here actually go out by themselves on valentines night? or for a night out generally ?

I dont think I could personally, I'd just feel really weird standing there on my own and trying to makes freinds with randoms, who would probably give me an odd look when I say I'm out on my own...

:chin: I dunno though, I could do with a good night out too.
    Replicant wrote: »
    would anyone here actually go out by themselves on valentines night? or for a night out generally ?

:no: I couldn't, but then I couldn't any night of the year. Valentines day wouldn't make a difference.
    Replicant wrote: »

I dont think I could personally, I'd just feel really weird standing there on my own and trying to makes freinds with randoms, who would probably give me an odd look when I say I'm out on my own...

:chin: I dunno though, I could do with a good night out too.

No. I couldn't do it.

Theres always a friend of mine out so I'm always sorted really.

This boy who I live with though randomly goes to cities on his own and goes in random clubs on his own :crazyeyes
    No. I couldn't do it.

Theres always a friend of mine out so I'm always sorted really.

This boy who I live with though randomly goes to cities on his own and goes in random clubs on his own :crazyeyes:

I dunno how he does it! there's no way I would... I'd just feel awkward. fair enough it's a little different for girls going out on their own, but I still dont think I could.