Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Chinese food suppliers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Bit of a long shot maybe, but you never know..

Does any one know of any suppliers of Chinese food that deliver all over the UK? I mean Chinese food/ingredients for Chinese people, not to make "Western" Chinese food.

At work, we've got four Chinese students coming over to stay for several years. I don't know much about them yet (will meet them tomorrow) but I do know that they won't eat English food (they've never been out of China before) and that they don't like "Western Chinese" - the kind of Chinese takeaway we all get on a Saturday night! As we're a bit in the sticks from any major city which might have a big Chinese population, Chinese food suppliers are a bit few and far between around our way!

Any help much appreciated! :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Are you sure they won't eat english food?
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Chinese Supermarkets? We have a ton of them up here!
    JsT wrote: »
    Chinese Supermarkets? We have a ton of them up here!

We have one of them down here as well.
    My uni has a section of the shop devoted to chinese food only.

Why won't they eat western food tho? :confused: They're coming to the UK for 4 years and aren't going to sample our culture? It is your duty to get them to experience all the best of british culture - getting drunk and eating a kebab whilst using the inherit ability to stumble home in the middle of the night (morning).
    Thanks everyone, but we live in a relatively small town on the east coast - as I said, nowhere near a city or uni that has a big Chinese community.

They are adament they won't eat English food. They've never left China before so admittedly they probably don't know what they're missing, but for the first few weeks at least, I wanted them to be able to eat the things they are used to - home comforts and all that!

*sigh* This is fun, don't get me wrong, but very tiring! :(