Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Banks - Complaining

I was under the impression that banks (or anything financial services related) have to record a complaint made over the phone and not insist on it being it written. I want to make a complaint over the phone to my bank and they won't acknowledge it unless it's in writing?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've got no idea, but I know a lot of places won't accept some things over the phone for reasons of accuracy.

By insisting that you make it in writing it means that the complaint made is correct, not what they interpret you mean over the phone.
    LacyMay wrote: »
    I was under the impression that banks (or anything financial services related) have to record a complaint made over the phone and not insist on it being it written. I want to make a complaint over the phone to my bank and they won't acknowledge it unless it's in writing?

Yeah, you need to go through a Subject Access Report or something, you write to a Data Protection Officer, pay 10quid and they send you a copy of the notes on your account or summat.
    They'll record it, but complaints have to be in writing to deal with them properly.
    I had to make a complaint when i switched bank accounts and abbey LOST my money. Thats right. All the money I had in the world. I complained face to face, over the phone and via email. In the end they paid me off to say sorry for inconvenience etc and to stop me from taking it to the financial ombudsman. If I were you I'd take my complaint straight to the manager of your branch. Make it known that you're unhappy!