Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Waking up in the middle of the night to...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ever since my love passed away I often find myself waking up in the middle of sleep to a large thump in my chest. I dont understand why my heart thumps so hard, its actually a physical feeling that wakes me up. I dont know whats going on with my chest when I sleep. I been taking some kind of pill to relax me b4 I head off to sleep but this still happens often. I never happened b4 I suffered the loss. I am not exagerating i'll just wake up as if my heart just jumps but when I feel it it isnt beating fast, its just momentarily and wakes me up.

Comments

• Options
    Get it checked out at the docs. Problems to do with your vital organs are never worth risking.
  • Options
    Yeah go to the doc and get it checked out... It may be nothing; but your doctor would be the best person to ask about what it could be.
  • Options
    It could well be stressed related due to your loss. But we aren't doctors here so you ought to get it checked out properly ...