Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Did anyone watch Consent on C4?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I stayed up last night to watch it, it was a dramatised rape trial.

It was actually really interesting. The guy ended up with a not guilty verdict although it seemed that he had raped her.

I had heard of some of the things that go on during rape trials, but to see the defence lawyer bring out the alleged victims knickers and question her on how "lubricated" she was, was really eye opening. No wonder some women who are raped do not report it if that is what they have to go through.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I'd like to have watched that. Does anyone know if it will be repeated?
  • Options
    PussyKatty wrote:
    No wonder some women who are raped do not report it if that is what they have to go through.
    Precisely. :(
  • Options
    I intended to watch it and only caught it so far in i decided to leave it until a repeat so i could watch it all. As Lipsy asked, is it repeated anytime?
  • Options
    I just checked on radiotimes.com and it's not repeated on 4,E4 or More4 in the next 2 weeks
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I thought this was good, couldnt understand why it wasnt a 2 part and then not be on so late, but I enjoyed it.

Its interesting to see the ins and outs of a trial like that, and I thought it was very clever to use real lawyers and jurors.
  • Options
    the defence lawyer bring out the alleged victims knickers and question her on how "lubricated" she was, was really eye opening.

thats sick, i didnt watch it but sounds shocking
  • Options
    PussyKatty wrote:
    I stayed up last night to watch it, it was a dramatised rape trial.

It was actually really interesting. The guy ended up with a not guilty verdict although it seemed that he had raped her.

I had heard of some of the things that go on during rape trials, but to see the defence lawyer bring out the alleged victims knickers and question her on how "lubricated" she was, was really eye opening. No wonder some women who are raped do not report it if that is what they have to go through.
    i know, i thought that was terrible. How do they prove that she was 'lubricated' though?

I hope this opens eyes because it's disgusting.

p.s it's not available for download on 4OD atm :(
  • Options
    I didn't watch it, and by the sounds of it, I'm glad I didn't.
  • Options
    The whole lubricated thing was to imply that if she was, she was aroused, therefore wanting to have sex - not a great arguement I agree!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I've not watched that (not that I could) so I can't be sure I've understood correctly, so excuse me if I'm missing something. But I wanted to make the following point:

In one of the other thread about this, many posters said they thought the guy was innocent, until the end. If you were part of the jury, wouldn't you think the same? If I understood correctly, you were given as much information as the jury was.
    So I think that proves it's not so easy to judge such cases. Don't be so quick to say the jury were fools then, when something like it happens for real.
  • Options
    So I think that proves it's not so easy to judge such cases. Don't be so quick to say the jury were fools then, when something like it happens for real.
    exactly, I think that was the point of it, as well as giving people an insight into how the process works.

Sometimes people get too taken away with the smaller parts in programmes like this, and dont see the bigger picture.