Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Consent, ITV

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Did anyone see Consent, the rape trial on ITV1 at 10pm on Sunday, and what did you think?
I thought it was brilliantly acted and the script was excellent. It was a clever use of drama and reality. The end, when you found out she was raped, after hearing the not guilty verdict, really perturbed me. This must be the case in hundreds of rape trials, which is frightening.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I saw it. I was adamant he was not guilty throughout the program, and was very shocked to see that he had actually raped her. :eek:
    I agree, the acting was brilliant! I think it was a good idea to use the actors alongside real lawyers, jury, police etc. It gave an insight to what happens in a real case.
    The two blonde women on the jury were so annoying though. They seemed to think that the way they would have reacted would be the same way every woman would react and not they didn't allow a different point of view.
    Ooh, how dramatic was that! I thought it was ace. And I well thought the guy was innocent, couldn't believe it when they showed you he was guilty at the end. Brilliant acting. God, that's almost unheard of these days.
    I watched Desperate Housewives, that cow Edie is pure boabying Susan's man! What a bint.
    dreamy_me wrote:
    Did anyone see Consent, the rape trial on ITV1 at 10pm on Sunday, and what did you think?

I was watching the last part of Trial and Retribution on ITV1 at 10pm. What channel were you on ?
    It was Channel 4 :thumb: