Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

psychological or not..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right well i guess i'll just explain then.
Basically, im get so worried about things that im making myself physically ill. Im worrying about loads of little things, and sum slightly bigger things and its just all getting a bit crazy.
I feel like an emotional wreck.
Today i cried watching a nature program, sent over emotional texts to people who i shouldnt have. Cried twice for no reason. and im shaky and feel really sick.
Its GREAT.
So the main question is what do i do about it?
Iv tried reassuring myself, and planning stuff but thats not really helping. So anyone else have the same thign and feel like they are going insane...?? or anyne have know anything that cud help..i'd love to hear. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Basically, the only way to get this properly sorted is to see your GP. Talk about what you are feeling, and they will set up an action plan for you, may prescribe you something or just give you some really great tips.

If you want this to go away and get back to normality, then the GP is the best and quickest way to do it.

Best of Luck x x x x
  • Options
    I saw the GP last year, 2 of them in fact.
    they said i had depression and bundled me off with some AD's.
    was not impressed...
    thanks tho.
  • Options
    Is there anything in particular that is troubling you at the moment? I know I used to get all emotional if I was having family issues or had important exams coming up. Do u think theres anything in particular troubling you and have you tried talking to friends about it all? Sometimes people are going through similar things or have been and thats quite reassuring but often talking things through eases things as well.

But yeh I agree with the others, that if its been a long term thing a Gp would be a good place to go, just to check.
  • Options
    I get that alot. Perhaps not quite to the extent that you've described, but I used to, and still do get very emotional over absoloutly nothing, I'll cry for nothing too.. I've put it down to me just being a generally over-sensitive person. I find, a good chat/phone call and lots of hugs from someone close usually helps a little. A good sleep tends to put my mind at rest as well.
    Although I suggest if it doesn't really go away, then see someone, like ashlee said, I think seeing your GP is a good idea. Maybe they can help, give you ideas, things that will lighten you up a bit.
    Good luck with it all.. xXx
  • Options
    i feel like that all the time, and i too was put on anti-depressants a while back. went back to the drs last week infact to discuss it, the dr told me to see if my work would provide councilling.. i was pretty miffed that that was all the old hag could say. as the ohters have said, hav u been through alot of stress?
    alot of things can make u feel like that, the usual like lack of sleep, stress and diet is a factor too..
  • Options
    TammyGTammyG Posts: 15 Settling in
    Hi,
    Many people find that talking through what's bothering them with someone objective, like a counsellor, can really help. A friend can be too close to you, and to the situation, to advise you clearly. You could do this face-to-face or over the phone or internet.
    As Janjan mentioned, getting enough sleep, eating properly and generally taking care of yourself physically will definitely benefit your emotional and mental health. Also, exercise has been found to boost mental health and relieve stress, anxiety and depression.
    Good luck! :thumb: