Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

American Idol

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Anyone watch it on Friday or is watching the repeats today?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I watched it yesterday. It was hilarious!! Some of the people that think they can sing just make me chuckle! The auditions are the best part of any of these kind of shows.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I watched the repeats today... a guy that used to in the band North and South got through the auditions! He's from Stockport, he's called Tom Lowe. I hope he wins... he's gorgeous, haha.

Apart from that, they're all a bunch of freaks so far. Just how I like it!
    I watched the repeats today... a guy that used to in the band North and South got through the auditions! He's from Stockport, he's called Tom Lowe. I hope he wins... he's gorgeous, haha.

Apart from that, they're all a bunch of freaks so far. Just how I like it!
    Yeah he's great!
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I watched it. WTF is Cat Deeley doing there? Her part was pointless :|
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I watched it. WTF is Cat Deeley doing there? Her part was pointless :|
    that was exactly my opinion!! it was just random...obviously had just been put in for when it came over here.

I know she has been over there doing some dancing programme, but I didnt think she needed the money that badly? :p
    i havent watched that show since the second season. all of the winners, bar kelly clarkson, fell off the face of the earth.

i only watch the auditions anymore, all the ones ive watched this season were god aweful haha
    that lad who was juggling and then dancing with a red shirt on. it all just seemed so set up! like he came storming out of the room and swearing and then crying like a really bad actor. and the people he was with just stood there shaking their heads lol. whatever!
    The girl that imitated the lion off wizzard of oz and "red" who sang bohemian rapsody. Hilarous. I can't wait until they have the episode of the worsts.

Though nobody will ever upstage Keith
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    my_name wrote:
    The girl that imitated the lion off wizzard of oz and "red" who sang bohemian rapsody. Hilarous. I can't wait until they have the episode of the worsts.

Though nobody will ever upstage Keith

Best* audition ever. How can anyone forget that?

*By best, I mean worst.
    lipsy wrote:
    that lad who was juggling and then dancing with a red shirt on. it all just seemed so set up! like he came storming out of the room and swearing and then crying like a really bad actor. and the people he was with just stood there shaking their heads lol. whatever!

Lol that's what I thought. That guy cracked me up, as did that American idol superfan, you know the fat one, who reckoned she'd had singing lessons all her life but was complete bollocks.
    Oh my god, that whole show is fucking hillarious!
    I thought the fat guy and his mate the bush baby were quite amusing..
    American Idol was as always brilliant. Cat Deeley ruins it though, i like the fact it's american, i don't want some stupid british tart popping up every 5 mins and her voice, argh can't stand it.

"Other Brit-themed elements to the show will include interviews with US-residing British celebs and footage of UK fans watching the show back home."

Why?! :banghead:
    icey wrote:
    I thought the fat guy and his mate the bush baby were quite amusing..

I was in hysterics at those two. The americans just can't take Simon Cowell's truthfulness either. I havent laughed so much in ages at that program, and the nerd that sang 'Unchained Melody' What the fuck?
    I quite like Cat Deeley on it. But that's maybe because I fucking HATE Ryan Seacrest. Urgh.
    cat just makes it more disjointed than it was in the first place tbh.

bint :p
    Oh god this Ashanti pleading and begging is embarrasing to watch and what was with that cocky idiot who asked Simon if he had a work visa.
    The girl that was on before the adverts what the hell was she on? A woman that is coming up sounds like a bee having an orgasm.
    Watched it with all the boys in uni last week there. I thought fatso and monkey boy were the best.

Apparently not everyone meets the judges, know a fella who auditioned and he had to sing in front of someone else first and wasn't allowed through. So they obviously just put the terrible one's in for entertainment value, if that's true then it's a bit harsh.
    Yeah it's true.
    i remember when I watched an episode and there was this medium who went to one of the auditions. She was huge, as was her mother. She was absolutely disgusting and she really couldn't sing. And then there was her reaction when they told her to get lost ... :lol:
    lea_uk wrote: »

That bloke is hilarious. A complete twat but funny with it.
    Simon Lookalike?
    There's way too many adverts!
    That woman wearing yellow who was lying about her age :shocking: and the bloke who wanted to make David Haselhoff cry "Some people say I look like Jack Osbourne, some people say I look like Jack Black, but when I look in the mirror I see Christina Aguilera" :lol:
    What about the "eccentric"!!
    What the fuck was that!!!