Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Snow Domes!

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Has anyone actually been to a snowdome? Are they any better than a dry ski slope or not?

I fancy going to try out snowboarding and was wondering whether they would be any good for doing that.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I went to the Snowdome in Tamworth. I couldn't actually ski/snowboard because I'd sprained my ankle and was all bandaged up, but I was on the balcony, and it was absolutely FREEZING. The friends I went with were throwing snowballs at me, and they all came out of it completely soaked. As far as I could tell, and how they judged it, it was a good time, worth the money, and as close to real snow as they were going to get in mid March time.
  • Options
    It's much better than a dryslope as you're actually on proper snow but they are also expensive (over £20 for an hour). Also if you're a beginner they only let you on the slope with an instructor and the lessons are alot more expensive than on dry slopes. It is fun though, espcially if you want to try out rails and things.
  • Options
    I've been to tamworth and it was fantastic! I cant really compare however because ive never been on a dry slope..
  • Options
    but they are also expensive (over £20 for an hour).

AFAIK the people I went with paid £28, and had the entire 3 hour session on the slopes. That was in Tamworth, and although the beginners weren't meant to go on if they hadn't got a lesson, those who never hadbefore still did and they never blinked an eye at them.

Suppose it depends how experienced you are though, and what you're looking for.
  • Options
    Nikki* wrote: »
    AFAIK the people I went with paid £28, and had the entire 3 hour session on the slopes. That was in Tamworth, and although the beginners weren't meant to go on if they hadn't got a lesson, those who never hadbefore still did and they never blinked an eye at them.

I haven't been to Tamworth but i know Milton Keynes is over £20 for an hour during evenings and weekends. There's also notices up there saying that if you are not a suitable standard you will be made to leave the slopes without a refund and last time I was there we saw them chuck a couple of guys off as they couldn't even stand up on the boards and were told they were a danger to other users. I guess it just depends on how strict the people are who are monitoring the slopes that day!