Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Exam Fears.

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I got 2 exams next week and am worried for both. There both business exams and are 2 different units. 1 is for management and the other is finance. I recently had mocks for both and got E's in both as well but for some reason both teachers are pleased with the grade. one said its because one was hard but then Im not exactly pleased with them. Thats actually made me worried about taking the real thing. My 2 biggest worries are that I get low grades on these so that theres nothing I can do after I get out of 6th form or I have to do ANOTHER year of 6th form which I cannot bear to do.

Im just scared.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well revise lots to ensure that you will know the answers. You can always re take the exam in the summer if you do shit anyway so don't worry yourself over it too much.

Also mock grades don't mean shit, i usually do crap in those but end up with alright grades when it comes to the real thing.
    Im sorta the same. in addition to coursework. A teacher said coursework isn't my strong suit and that I do better on exams. I get stuck with coursework though and I rely on coursework as a cushion for my grades. I'd rather just pass it first time round without waiting another 3 months for it.
    Thanks though squeal thats cheered me up. :)
    Mocks really dont mean much, I never did any in sixth form, we just did past exam papers. Get your hands on those and do as many as you can, on some units the questions really dont vary that much. Well they didnt for my maths exams, and they didnt vary that much for my professional accountancy exams as well.

And if worse comes to worse you can always re-sit in June. Which isnt that far away.
    I guess so.

I just wanna get out of school.
    Doing another year isn't so bad, as long as you actually want to succeed in what you're doing. I'm in my third year now, and I'm actually not wanting to leave :o.

But yeh, mocks mean bugger all. Hence my lack of revision for mine :D.
    you're in your 3rd year as well?
    what are you studying?
    I'm not doing A-Levels, but I retook the first year of my course because I was failing it, and changed some subjects around. I now do:

History
    English
    Philosophy
    Maths (easy maths)
    Spanish
    Environmental Systems.
    man, that is a hell of a lot of work!
    how do you manage?
    *shrug* you just do, really. Gets you a nice shiny diploma at the end of it as well :D.
    to do all that thats what I'd expect
    my metaphorical hat is off to you Franki.

Wish you luck with it all as well.
    Thank you :).

My first real exam is in like...15 weeks >.<.
    my first real exams are... next week.
    Yeh, but mine cost about 5 times more than yours to resit if I fuck them up ;). And if I fail one subject, I fail the whole thing :D.

I also only get one lot of exams :|.
    oh thats fucked.
    fuck my worries then.
    (just thinking about all that makes my head hurt)
    so If you wanna retake you have to cough up for it but how much do retakes run in college?
    I don't really know. The retakes for my course are few and far between because it has such a high success rate (out of about 90 people that have taken exams for it so far - 30 in its first year of running, 60ish in its second, about 50 in this one - 2 people have resat exams). That might be why it costs so much. I don't really know about A-Level resits but I know that lots of people are doing them.
    guess they use the cost as an incentive to do well so you don't have to resit. Can't be more than 80 or 90 quid, if it is thats extortion.

If its not A-levels your doing, what qualification is it? (just curious)
    I'm not really sure how much it is, but I know my friend had to pay a couple hundred to resit 3 exams.

And I do the International Baccalaureate Diploma.

It's hard, and by the end of it, everyone has said "I hate the fucking IB" at least once, but it is a very good course and it is verrrrrrrrrry respected. See here. One of my friends got 45 points last year, I was so proud of him :D.
    and you have to learn ALL that?

Ok you now offically have earned my respect, from what I can see, its an alternative to A level because it has alot more stuff involved with it and as such its worth more.

no wonder you get so stressed.....

Well, Im gonna go prep for my exams, best of luck to you. hope you get what you want.
    Yes, yes I do.

There are some places (particularly in America) that do half-diplomas or spread it out over a longer period of time, and some places do it as well as the normal programme for their age group. Not sure though. It is difficult, and at the moment I have a lot of deadlines and things like that. Not fun.

Good luck in your exams :).
    well, I just had an exam (which I was 5 mins late for and had to run like hell to make it there) And it was hard as fuck, even WITH revision I think I screwed up. that was one hard paper. I hate the one Im gonna have on thursday.