Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Is it offensive or wrong

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ballerina wrote:
    I think more often than not, people are better off on the dole than having a job here. Also, people here have usually lived here all their lives, and just end up never going anywhere. There is a slightly richer area of my town, on the hill next to us, but they all work in surrounding areas and have cars.
    It seems that people often don't know any different, so don't feel the need to go further.
    So is it expensive but with poor job prospects?
  • Options
    Oops...sorry...right post, wrong thread!! :o
  • Options
    HanHan wrote: »
    Well of course class exists, but this is the perfect example of why it's wrong to judge people by their class....you think the Oxbridge educated person is worth more than the 'chav' just because of their upbringing? What if the Oxbridge educated person is by and large a complete bastard as a person and treats people like shit, and the 'chav' (which I'm guessing you're just using as a lazy substitute for 'working class' here) treats people normally and as equals? You're telling me they're worth more now? Shit no.

The person who posted that is a well known troll who never seems to leave. It's best to ignore his points. He usually talks about eugenics and hitting children so watch out in future for stuff like that. :thumb:
  • Options
    Oh....right...thanks for that!!! New here, so guess these are all things to learn!!

Also....just got all confused and edited my original post...think this'll take a while to get the hang of....so thanks for quoting my original....it'll be a little less confusing for anyone reading on!!! :blush:
  • Options
    HanHan wrote: »
    Oh....right...thanks for that!!! New here, so guess these are all things to learn!!

Also....just got all confused and edited my original post...think this'll take a while to get the hang of....so thanks for quoting my original....it'll be a little less confusing for anyone reading on!!! :blush:

Don't worry, doesn't take long to get used to this mad house. :shocking:
  • Options
    I resent the fact that people see neds (chavs) as Working Class. The are not Working Class if they aren't earning a wage!

My mum came from an upper working class background (for want of a better word) then became middleclass due to her and her first husbands job. She is now working class but we live in a middle class area.

So what does that make us? Working class in a middle class area?

Also, at uni in Economics we were told that we will automatically become Middle Class when we graduate. So I think the whole system is a bit fucked up.