Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Newcastle vs. Birmingham

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hahaha, the toon got stuffed - nice one (though I am keeping that sentiment to myself :razz:)

:thumb:
    :crying:
    get doooown the toooooon. what a result! get in
    :lol:

The guy from work who runs the absence line is a barcode, very tempted just to phone in sick tomorrow just to take the piss :lol:

Always someone worse off, eh? :lol:
    Our office is nicely split down the middle...I haven't seen a Mackem smile so much for years.

I'm keeping stum because my boss is a massive Toon fan and she's from Blyth :nervous:
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Newcastle have always been overrated - especially since Shearer fucked off...
    Joke club and joke fans, tbh.

Any other club and Jabba Shepherd would have been out on his fat arse. As it is the barcodes have the team they deserve now. I wonder if they still think Dalglish (who took them to second in the league and into Europe) is still shit :chin:
    JsT wrote:
    Newcastle have always been overrated - especially since Shearer fucked off...
    Nor that he wasn't overrated himself or anything...
    He was one of the best strikers in the world in his prime, and anyone who says he wasn't is an idiot who knows nothing about football. That's why Man Utd fans still loathe him for turning them down, because they know that if he'd have played for them they'd have won more European trophies than they did.
    Fabio Cannavaro said he's the hardest striker he's ever had to play against. And he's officially the best player in the world, so Shearer must've been good.
    Kermit wrote:
    He was one of the best strikers in the world in his prime, and anyone who says he wasn't is an idiot who knows nothing about football. That's why Man Utd fans still loathe him for turning them down, because they know that if he'd have played for them they'd have won more European trophies than they did.
    He was a prolific scorer and scored a few crackers from outside the box in his time.

Pretty good stuff, but nowhere near world class. Every league in Europe had 3 or 4 of those.

There is something he was extremely good at though- arguably the best ever (with the possible exception of Marco Materazzi): never a player so indescribably dirty managed to get away with so much scot-free. Shearer made that into an art form.
    Did Newcastle turn up yesterday?
    they all looked hungover...

I think even Torquay would have beaten Newcastle last night.