Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

why do i ache so much?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
lately, past few days perhaps, ive got this really intense ache in muscles all over my body..

particularly my upper arms, bum, back and under arms ( sort of armpit muscle region).

i fell out of my exercise regime about 2 or 3 months ago, but whenever i stop doing exercise the muscle ache is only for a couple of days right after ive stopped.

im 5'8'', maybe only 1 or 2 pounds overweight(my BMI is 25.5 i think, and normal weight is 25) and im 16, so i dont think its a growth spurt.

is it my muscle deteriorating or im growing or something?
how do i make the pain go away?

Comments

• Options
    Have you been sick lately? Flu?
  • Options
    it's the tears in your muscles repairing themselves and making themselves stronger, you prob don't notice this as much while you are in your regime coz it's an ongoing thing, maybe.
  • Options
    nope havent been sick..

i havent done exercise in at least 2 months and it takes a matter of days for the muscles to repair, at least with any pain.
  • Options
    rough sex?
  • Options
    Soudns like hormones to me. When you get ill you ache because you pump out hormones to tell your body to make white blood cells etc., or when you are going through puberty you get 'growing pains'. I'm no expert though, just going on my experience. I'd recommend painkillers and if it stays then maybe see your doctor.

Maybe if it's at a certain time in your monthly cycle when your hormones are particularly high?