Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hairy women

13»

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Shaving does not cause hair to grow back faster, darker or coarser. Shaving is just a method of cutting the hair at the skin surface and has no effect on the part of the hair shaft below the skin surface, which is where growth and pigmentation occur. Although the hair may seem to grow faster after shaving, this is just an illusion: a small amount of growth on a clean-shaven face is much more noticeable than a small amount of growth on a bearded face. Likewise, the blunt, stubbly ends of new growth can give the illusion of darker, coarser hair.

When I shave my head the same illusion occurs.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote:
    Shaving does not cause hair to grow back faster, darker or coarser. Shaving is just a method of cutting the hair at the skin surface and has no effect on the part of the hair shaft below the skin surface, which is where growth and pigmentation occur. Although the hair may seem to grow faster after shaving, this is just an illusion: a small amount of growth on a clean-shaven face is much more noticeable than a small amount of growth on a bearded face. Likewise, the blunt, stubbly ends of new growth can give the illusion of darker, coarser hair.

When I shave my head the same illusion occurs.

I think we should drop the proving or confuting that urban legend. I'm one that has to have the right word too, but... yea..

Let's go back and talk about hairy or not woman :yum:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    StrubbleS wrote:
    I think

Think away.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    It doesn't matter how many people will tell me it's a myth...I know from my own personal experience that it isn't. I trust my own knowledge and observation of my body far, far more than I trust any link which reliably informs me it's a myth, and I'm telling you right now; the hair on my body which has been shaved and waxed grows back noticeably darker and coarser than the hair that has been left alone. The hair on my legs, when left unshaven for a long time, looks completely different now to the way it looked before I started shaving it, and no amount of mythbusting links on the internet will persuade me otherwise.

Get out of my brain :razz:

:thumb:
  • Options
    I find if i don't shave my armpits i sweat a lot more......
  • Options
    PussyKatty wrote:
    Plucking definitely leads to less hair growing, as I've been plucking my eyebrows for years and have a sort of bald bit I have to draw in as it hasn't grown back.

:o ha thank goodness for make up.

My Mum's got no eyebrows at at because of doing that in her youth....
  • Options
    hairy women are a definate turn off.