Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Perks of your job?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well...do nice colleagues count? cos other than that, and the pension the NHS aren't big on staff perks for us lowly front line workers...now the management, they are a different story!!
  • Options
    Free legal advice, tax-deductible interest-free loans for my bus ticket, matched stakeholder pension. We also generously get two free cups of tea or coffee a day!
  • Options
    Ah ha ha, how do they govern the number of cups you have a day?
  • Options
    We have electronic fobs to activate the drinks machine. Can't be having us stealing coffee, can we.

It'd be cheaper to give us free coffee.
  • Options
    All flights, hotels and food paid for. Get to visit stunning places like South Africa and the Caribbean.
    Excellent training and promotion prospects.
    if i'm out of the country for more than x months a year, I don't pay any income tax. :thumb:

Of course there are the downsides, like being stuck in a steel box with the same guys (who may not neccessarily like you) for up to four months at a time.
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    Well...I never actually have to go to work, so I can choose my own holidays, work when and where I want, and have the day off if I've got a hangover.
    The money I get paid is a grant rather than "income", so I don't pay income tax, and being a student I don't pay any council tax either :o (Yeah, I know you all hate me).
    It's something I actually love doing, am good at, and leads me towards the career I want to be doing.

Loads of downsides too of course, but for me personally the above outweigh the shit things.

Same as. And being able to apply for money to fund research trips :D I'm off to Nuremberg over April and much as I'll be beavering away in archives during the day, at least some of the scholarship will buy me a few nice cool glasses of German beer...

But I also do part-time admin in a school, 7 hours a week, which are really flexible, allowing me to working 2 days one week, say, if I need a week off. If I need to I could get an interest free season ticket.
  • Options
    free brews
    close to home
    free beer few times a year
    good set of lads in my office
    free phone calls
    good hours
    all weekends off

its nt too bad really
  • Options
    Self employed so:

Superb tax dispensations for expenses (means I pay very little tax).
    Great £££ when I am working.
    Sometimes travel.

That's about it.
  • Options
    Great people to work with
    Doing something that interests me
    Occasional travel around the country
    Deals in loads of online shops as well as big discounts on our own products
    Easy to get to
    Decent pay for a first job that isn't a graduate scheme + London weighting

...and more I'm sure...
  • Options
    33% off books, 20% off CDs, DVDs, etc.

And I can borrow books. All in all, not bad.