Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What's on the menu tonight?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    vietnamese noodle salad, teryiaki salmon and some iso rolls. (duck, californian and crab) and some assorted sashimi. Greedy sod!! But YUM!!
  • Options
    leek and potato soup. I was chuffed, mini-me asked for seconds :D
  • Options
    Kippers, new potatoes and broccoli! It's getting made at the mo! YUMYUM! :D
  • Options
    ah, kippers reminds me of my childhood, not that I've ever eaten one but because I used to watch red dwarf with my bros
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Some toast and some fruit.

Its what I deserve for forgetting to get some meat out of the freezer.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    Some toast and some fruit.

Its what I deserve for forgetting to get some meat out of the freezer.

Ha! Plank. Just don't go wandering over to Top Taste. Youre' doing too well :thumb:

I've had some fooking great pork chops with pasta but because of the whole quitting smoking thing, I've got more munchies than Michelle McManus on weed. :no:
  • Options
    well i was going to have pasta with veg and some pesto but when i was looking at the label on the jar of pesto it suggested trying putting some on a ciabatta and topping it with cheese before placing it under the grill. i wasn't that hungry so i thought i'd try it. only i didn't have ciabatta so toasted hovis best of both had to make do. it was AMAZING. i was impressed!:D :yum::D
  • Options
    i think i may make a taginey type thing!!!
  • Options
    I made parsnip and sweet potato soup. It was horrid so we didn't eat it. Had bread rolls with turkey ham and brie instead. followed by strawberries and greek yoghurt- yum.
  • Options
    I actually followed a recipe tonight and made Spicy chorizo and cannellini bean stew with croutons. Lovely!
  • Options
    Just had a homemade chicken tikka and a naan :yum:
  • Options
    tuna sandwich :p boooring!
  • Options
    Glittery wrote: »
    Just had a homemade chicken tikka and a naan :yum:

how did you do the chicken tikka?
  • Options
    I'm making some weird spicy coconut rice thing with vegetables in, with some poppadums
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    how did you do the chicken tikka?
    I dont actually know the names of half the spices I use cos I just put a bit of this and that in it and half the jars in my cupboard are nameless so this is a rough guestimate.

Garlic, onions, chilli powder, ginger, corriander, fresh red chilli, tumeric, cream, lime juice, salt & pepper. I think that's it all.

I mix the lime juice, garlic, chilli powder, salt, pepper, ginger, corriander and a wee bit of oil then pour that over the chicken, I think you're meant to leave it to marinade over night but Im never that organised.

Then you fry off the onions, chilli and tumeric and add the cream and then bung in the chicken and hope for the best. Turns out not too bad. I've probably forgotten a major ingredient off that though!
  • Options
    god, what HASNT been on the menu for me tonight?!!

had a bit of a binge this evening im afraid :( all this dieting caught up with me and i couldnt help myself :(

ended up having some egg fried rice and singapore noodles from chinese, theen an apple, 3 cereal bars, bowl of shreddies, 2 more cereal bars, oatmeal and then 2 biscuits :sour:

god im a pig. gotta be EXTRA good now to make up for it! gonna have a bit of a detox this weekend me thinks
  • Options
    rib of beef. it was massive :yum:
  • Options
    was that all for your tea?!!!
  • Options
    if youre asking that to me - then no it wasnt all for tea. the chinese was, and then everything else was eaten within the next 2 hours after that :p
  • Options
    Pizza and chips tonight. One of the staples my dad cooks when my mum works, the others being sasuages and curry.
  • Options
    Something I can cook from frozen, I forgot to get anything out again. I might do quorn pieces in a tomato sauce with pasta.
  • Options
    The dominos man is paying me a visit :D:yum:
  • Options
    Steak, sweetcorn, peas and mash potato. Thank fuck, been eating boiled potatoes all week and they're my least favourite type of potato.
  • Options
    because i was bad yesterday im having a bit of a detox todaay! so all ive had is an apple and a yoghurt :p suprising thing is, im not hungry in the slightest!! wahey! feel veery chirpy in fact

back to eating tomorrow tho :D
  • Options
    I cooked myself a thai chicken stir fry. Feel sick as a giant piggy now.
  • Options
    Had a ceasar salad in a restaurant in town, was nice, if only I hadn't had a QP in Mcdonalds before... :yuck: I can still feel it.
  • Options
    I made homemade chicken kiev and greek salad minus the olives and add lemon juice and olive oil dressing.
  • Options
    Leftover chinese food from lunch.

i loves me some chinese :)
  • Options
    Something I can cook from frozen, I forgot to get anything out again. I might do quorn pieces in a tomato sauce with pasta.
    When I lived by myself I always forgot to take things out from the freezer. I always ended up microwave defrosting chiken which gave it a horrible taste and became harder to chew.. :yuck:
  • Options
    carbonara. bacon was a bit raw.