Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Some points I'd like to make

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah, we all know that nations don't exist blah, blah, blah. But the issue is, do you believe they are a positive or negative thing for the majority of people within them (and by within them I mean.......ah well, you know, pay taxes, entitled to benefits etc etc etc)? Or even you personally?

In other words, is the concept of a country a useful one?

I`d say no without hesitation.
    seeker wrote:
    I`d say no without hesitation.
    Care to give any reasons?
    Care to give any reasons?

Coercion isn`t on my list of values.

The concept of "nation", "country", call it what you like, is built on coercion.
    Let me ask this, if generally people didn't think it was beneficial, don't you think that they would act?
    Let me ask this, if generally people didn't think it was beneficial, don't you think that they would act?
    If they thought they could succeed.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Different Government, Different ruling style, same old shit eh?

Dictatorship. Democracy. Theocracy. Tyranny.

Same ball game most of the time. Someone loses, someone wins. There is only one way to even try to get close to winning, and that is, stand up against this. Let people know how you feel. Get others onside. Problem is, 99% of the time you'll get shot down and fucked over. And no-one will hear about tt, most likley.

Life, is futile. We know this mate, like me, you have to get over this hurdle. You live, you suffer, you die. We can but make steps towards improving the experience for us, and others, through hard work though - however, those in power, want to maintain the goodness, as it were, for the select few elite. Whats the point, I ask myself, of this? I don't know. Why not share amoungst us all? Surley we all deserve a nice life? We are all here, sometimes wondering what the fuck we are doing here? What makes those chaps at the top "better" than us? Why can't we determine how we want to live?

Terrorists are, some of them, rebelling against this. Others, rebel to futhur thier own select group of people. And so the eternal conlift continues - who gets what, and where.

I dunno. It's often not worth pondering the details of the system or its workings - we'll never get to know what the guys up top know at this rate.

Not quite clear what you mean by "act". :chin:

It seems to me that the people I experience do act.(I come into contact with lots of people).

When I feel there is an opportunity I have asked apparently simple questions to establish why they do, and there are,to me, very strange reactions.

These have included admission of fear (honestly), plus statements like "that`s the way things are", "I don`t like it but what can you do".

Many examples that are too copious to list.

I have noticed a very prominent tribal mentality.That "my gang is better than yours" polarising thing when a political issue is being discussed.

I get the feel of much negativity on an individual "beneficial" level but it turns positive ( and proud ) when the pack comes out to play.
    ShyBoy wrote:
    Terrorists
    Are no more terrorists than we are.
    I might be a little late in the day with this, but speak for yourself...
    seeker, talk is cheap.. what actions have you taken to effect change?
    seeker, talk is cheap.. what actions have you taken to effect change?

Change comes from within.

I feel improvement every day.

Those that know me the best recognise this.
    More talk then.