Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

For the acid takers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How was it?

As most of you know, I am family guy now, and I only dabble every 3-6 months usually, have a good night now and again etc.

Anyway, a mate of mine has got some acid, I've always wanted to try it and we were planning a night in.....

Anyway, I know people in the past have said not to do acid if you may have mental health issues etc, well I am a very up and down person with a mental temper, as some of you know, and a few years ago I was pretty much psychotic.

I feel OK now, but I don't want to risk triggering anything.. my mate says it's not like the old school stuff its nice and mild (hes in his 40s..) but any words of wisdom?

Comments

• Options
    I'd err on the side of caution - acid lasts up to 12 hours so if you get into a bad state of mind, it can be pretty annoying to have it for so long. Have you ever had mushrooms in the past, and how did you handle them? Personally, I have found it hard to escape from particular nasty thoughts with psychedelics, and if the dose is high enough you could end up forgetting that it isn't real and becoming violent, especially if it's in your nature.

As you seem to be aware that you have some mental issues, I think it'd be better for yourself and family to stay away.
    If it is lysergic acid diethylamide, whether old skool or not it's still the same chemical and its hard to tell how strong the dose will be when u get the blotter or liquid.
  • Options
    Just don't go overboard with it, I imagine you'll be doing it with mates you know well in a comfortable setting so you should be fine. I'd take one to start with & wait til it kicks in to get a grasp of the general sense of the high.

Also the come up usually takes ages (for me anyway) so don't assume that it isn't working and then munch loads more.

I'm not very experienced in acid myself as I only started a few months ago but it has definitely led to some seriously funny nights.
  • Options
    It depends what he means by "good" acid. If he means extremely strong, then it might not be the best of ideas. If he means good by not too strong, nice social bubbly kinda buzz and by the morning its gone then :thumb:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    I've never had a bad time on acid, though it is easy to see how somebody could. If you get inot a bad one, I couldn't imagine many things worse.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    My friend went into a bad one, it wasnt very nice, he kicked us all out of his house on the other side of town from ne1 elses at like 6 in the mornin. he called us up cryin sayin ppl wer comin to take him away and he was seeing dead people n shit. dont imagine it was a very nice experience for him lol nore was it for me, the damn stuff didnt start wareing off till the evening the next day!
  • Options
    Should be getting some acid weekend! Not done it before. It's good having experienced users around ya I'm finding.

Looking forward to it myself :D

What do you consider a Mental health problem? dont we all suffer from one really? Isn't it easy enough to think you have one, then on the trip feel convinced you do? Chance you take i guess.
  • Options
    Sounds risky if you've had psychological issues in the past, depends on the individual to an extent but...i reckon if by psychosis you mean delusions you're best off steering well clear.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    I've never had a bad time on acid, though it is easy to see how somebody could. If you get inot a bad one, I couldn't imagine many things worse.
    :yes: