Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Where are the bus loads of Roma gyspies?

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blagsta wrote:
    No, you asserting something is true on a bulletin board does not count as evidence.

BTW, did you know the moon is made of green cheese? A mate of mine who works for NASA told me.
    Your mate has issues then. And your gullible in believing such a ridiculous story that the moon is made from green cheese. Your what in your late 30's, not 5 anymore. Would you care to ask your mate how rock is made from cheese? :yeees:
    I don't really have a mate who works for NASA y'know. I was pointing out that writing something on a bulletin board does not constitute evidence.
    HIT wrote:
    Your mate has issues then. And your gullible in believing such a ridiculous story that the moon is made from green cheese. Your what in your late 30's, not 5 anymore. Would you care to ask your mate how rock is made from cheese? :yeees:

:lol:

Bit of a dunce aren't ya?
    HIT wrote:
    I thought me eye witnessing events is evidence?

So, you stood by and watched people get raped?

Eye witnesses see the crime happen. Why can't you just admit that you have no evidence and that yuo made it up on the spot?
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    We haven't seen them because they are all to busy stealing our jobs, children, livelihoods, and commiting all the crimes. Duh.:rolleyes:

Also, loads of Chinese are now moving into Bulgaria because the wages that they get paid for the clothing trade are better than China, but too low for Bulgarians...

It all goes full circle, you see?
    How can immigrants steal our jobs? Immigrants need to shop in the supermarket, need to buy lunch at a cafe, need to ride the bus, and need to help support a hundred other jobs that wouldn't exist without the increased number of people using these services.
    They stole our jobs! Then we got them back using fiddles and James Jocye books.
    How can immigrants steal our jobs? Immigrants need to shop in the supermarket, need to buy lunch at a cafe, need to ride the bus, and need to help support a hundred other jobs that wouldn't exist without the increased number of people using these services.

I'll add sarcasm tags next time as the rolleye's obviously wasn't enough. :p
    What is it about someones race and ethnic background that makes them more or less likely to commit crime? Open question...
    too much immigration without the proper foresight (which is what happened with the poles) is a problem because you get overcrowding and public services e.g. transport/NHS are overloaded....i also think they are a factor in rising HPI because they are helping drive the BTL market, esp in London, but that is debatable and HPI would be rising anyways, albeit maybe not so sharply....

also jim, they do help suppress wage inflation because a lot of them come over with the intention of saving and sending money back home and not settling permanently (can't blame them tbh), which means they don't have the same expectations re standard of living that brits do, and that means they can undercut plumbers/builders/electricians rates etc, i see it happening all around me, the fact they are generally very good at their job makes it a bit of a no brainer if you need these kind of services....

if you look at the restrictions most other western countries have placed on immigration (quotas etc) it makes sense and this is supposedly what labour are doing this time round, only allowing certain skilled labour that is required helps to avoid a mass influx.

i guess my point is controlled immigration = good, uncontrolled immigration = bad.
    i guess my point is controlled immigration = good, uncontrolled immigration = bad.

Fact ^

Britain is roughly on the edge. It isn't as bad as the likes of the mail and such wankers make it out to be. But there is a slight degree of laxness. It isn't a rosebed either.

There are a few problems. But the thing is... it isn't immigration that tends to bring the bad folk over... they do it illegally 'cos they got something to hide. But not all illegals are bad, there is just no other way for them.

So they all get tarred with the one brush. But it is nigh-on impossible to filter out what illegals are good and bad... because they all have on credentials on 'em, unless they are wanted by Interpol.

Which is unlikley.
    If Britain is on the edge of an uncontrolled immigration timebomb, where does that leave the rest of Europe?

There is this widespread belief that Britain is somehow the number one destination for immigrants far oustripping other countries- it isn't.

In fact the immense majority of Eastern European would-be migrants have said they'd rather go somewhere nice and sunny where the service industry is bigger, i.e. Southern Europe, and thank you very much. Only a small proportion of migrants choose Britain as their country of choice for a new life.

And there's still a lot more room here, despite the doomsday predictions of public services collapse the tabloid press have been warning about for what must be decades now.
    Aladdin wrote:
    And there's still a lot more room here.

how many sardines can you fit in a tin? London's way overcrowded already, or haven't you done the peak hour commute? Sure you can pack a few more in but the standard of living goes down.....

as for popular choices of destination, well it depends if all you want is to earn a packet and send it home then britain is no1 surely, i don't see 500,000 poles in germany/france/spain etc, or there wouldn't be any left in poland...
    Aladdin wrote:
    If Britain is on the edge of an uncontrolled immigration timebomb, where does that leave the rest of Europe?

Following different rules
    The UK was one of the three countries, along with Ireland and Sweden, to place no restrictions on workers from the 2004 entrants.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3513889.stm#uk
    There is this widespread belief that Britain is somehow the number one destination for immigrants far oustripping other countries- it isn't.

In fact the immense majority of Eastern European would-be migrants have said they'd rather go somewhere nice and sunny where the service industry is bigger, i.e. Southern Europe, and thank you very much. Only a small proportion of migrants choose Britain as their country of choice for a new life.

Not sure so many are going to other places a) the warm sunny places weren't letting them in b) English is more common as a second language than Dutch c) its useful going to countries where there's jobs - which rules out much of Europe
    And there's still a lot more room here, despite the doomsday predictions of public services collapse the tabloid press have been warning about for what must be decades now.

Of course there's problems with uncontrolled immigration. Its not just public service collapse, but problems with integration over such things as language issue, an underclass of both immigrants and unskilled native workers being created. And whilst there may be room its an unfortunate fact that more people want to live in the crowded London and South East than the sparsely populated Highlands

That's not to say that we should close our doors completely - some countries such as Poland or the Hong Kong Chinese we hold a moral debt too, some people are fleeing persecution, eg from Iran and we also get benefits from skilled immigrants. But it does need to be controlled.
    how many sardines can you fit in a tin? London's way overcrowded already, or haven't you done the peak hour commute? Sure you can pack a few more in but the standard of living goes down.....
    London has always been packed, and always will. In any case, given the influx of Londoners pissing off to live in the country, and the influx of Britons pissing off to live abroad (not to mention the tens of thousands of Eastern Europeans who have already returned to their countries after realising the 'British dream' wasn't quite what they expected) the net gain in population numbers is quite insignificant.
    as for popular choices of destination, well it depends if all you want is to earn a packet and send it home then britain is no1 surely, i don't see 500,000 poles in germany/france/spain etc, or there wouldn't be any left in poland...
    And yet far more people from Eastern Europe end up in Germany or in Southern Europe.

To be quite honest I don't think there is much of a difference in wages between a fruit harvester in Britain and one in Spain- they both get paid shit, but still a lot more than what they'd get paid at home.
    That quite hasn't been much of a problem for immigrants in the past though.

The net population of Spain has increased by nearly 4 million people in the last 8- 10 years ago through mostly illegal immigration.

Not sure so many are going to other places a) the warm sunny places weren't letting them in b) English is more common as a second language than Dutch c) its useful going to countries where there's jobs - which rules out much of Europe
    Given that the majority of Bulgarians and Romanians will speak precisely fuck all English, it makes absolutely no difference to them which country they choose to start a new life in.

Listen, I'm not the one who's deciding what country they should go to... they themselves are the ones saying they don't bloody want to come to Britain... They'd even rather go to Belgium in fact...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,13509-2525490,00.html

Of course there's problems with uncontrolled immigration. Its not just public service collapse, but problems with integration over such things as language issue, an underclass of both immigrants and unskilled native workers being created. And whilst there may be room its an unfortunate fact that more people want to live in the crowded London and South East than the sparsely populated Highlands

That's not to say that we should close our doors completely - some countries such as Poland or the Hong Kong Chinese we hold a moral debt too, some people are fleeing persecution, eg from Iran and we also get benefits from skilled immigrants. But it does need to be controlled.
    Yes, uncontrolled immigration can create serious problems. Every country has a tipping point. However Britain has never been anywhere near that stage, not now, not before. When we get close to it we can start worrying...