Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Itching

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    Well, it could be a sexuall transmitted infection, although (at the risk of going out on a limb) i'd say this may be unlikely. Another cause of genital itching for girls, I believe, is thrush. However, it's always best to be on the safe side so book a test in with your local GUM clinic who will do a free test with (female) medically trained professionals who've seen it all before.

If you feel self concious about going on your own, take your boyfriend with you, and both get a green bill of health, then you know 100% there's nothing to worry about. The test isn't anything to worry about, it's very routine and doesn't take especially long, they send swabs and stuff off to the lab and call you in a week or so I think. Then at least you don't have to worry :).

Best of luck!
  • Options
    If the itching is Thrush (which is very very likely if you've been on antibiotics recently) then it's easily resolved and treated by your GP, so I'd recommend that as a first shot.

You can ask to see a female GP if that would make you more comfortable. Good luck with getting it sorted. Seeing as it's the weekend/bank holiday until Tuesday if you look up on the fact sheets on thesite there's good suggestions on things to ease the itching until you can get it treated.
  • Options