Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

eye ulcer

Am only online for a short while with the brightness turned down.
As of boxing day I have had an eye ulcer, which I kid you not is the most painful thing ever. I have had an infection both eyes and an ulcer in my left one, most likely caused by swimming in a public swimming pool with my contact lenses in and no goggles.:(
Its just been total agony. eyes open/closed/in the light/in the dark makes no difference. The pain has been constant, as well as having to be woken every hour for eye drops which make it hurt even more, but they must work because it seems to be on the mend now thank God.
Only painkillers ive been able to have are paracetamol too, which obviously dont touch it at all.
Anyway glad to be on the mend. Main thing now is feeling incredibly run down, and very light sensitive.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i hope your eye gets sorted soon.
    no idea if this is a good idea or if i'm just talking our of my arse, but iceing it might be an idea - least that will numb it / stop the pain for a bit with no adverse effect.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I did that the other day actually. I have a cold pack that the chiropractor gave me for my back, which i never remember to use, but it actually came in handy the other day when it was at its worst. It did take the edge off the pain slightly.
    Its not as bad today as it has been, although still not healed. Have been back to the hospital twice and still on the eyedrops. I can actually sit in a lit room now without wincing in agony and feeling sick, which is a vast improvement :) The fact that im sitting at my computer looking at the screen says it all really.
    It is still pretty sore though.
    Thankyou for the well wishes :)