Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

lying

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just wanted to rant. I hate it when you invite friends out and they act like they are up for it until, say, the day before and then they make phony excuses that are obviously lies. I'd SOOOO prefer for them to at the begining just TELL me that they dont fancy it rather than taking me for a mug and getting excited about going out and then letting me down. It gets me so pissy when they do this. I tried to set an example to one of my friends who have been doing this. She invited me out with her boyfriend and my boyfriend and I just said 'Nah I dont really fancy it, thanks tho' and shes like :mad: . Should have done it her way I spose 'Argh really sorry, cant make it tonight afterall..err and I just remembered that I have LEPROSY'. Okayyy.....

Comments

• Options
    I'll tell you what I also hate (since we're ranting). When you try and invite a bunch of people out, and they say "who else is going?" Then you tell them who might be going, and they won't let you know until they know that everyone else is going. And then of course everyone else is the same, and because no-one ever just says they're going out, no-one ends up going. I've just started telling people that everyone's going now, so that at least if a couple don't turn up you can just say that something came up and you actually get to go out.
  • Options
    Rachael wrote:
    Just wanted to rant. I hate it when you invite friends out and they act like they are up for it until, say, the day before and then they make phony excuses that are obviously lies. I'd SOOOO prefer for them to at the begining just TELL me that they dont fancy it rather than taking me for a mug and getting excited about going out and then letting me down. It gets me so pissy when they do this. I tried to set an example to one of my friends who have been doing this. She invited me out with her boyfriend and my boyfriend and I just said 'Nah I dont really fancy it, thanks tho' and shes like :mad: . Should have done it her way I spose 'Argh really sorry, cant make it tonight afterall..err and I just remembered that I have LEPROSY'. Okayyy.....
    maybe they got a better offer :p
  • Options
    oit :mad:
  • Options
    I'll tell you what I also hate (since we're ranting). When you try and invite a bunch of people out, and they say "who else is going?" Then you tell them who might be going, and they won't let you know until they know that everyone else is going. And then of course everyone else is the same, and because no-one ever just says they're going out, no-one ends up going. I've just started telling people that everyone's going now, so that at least if a couple don't turn up you can just say that something came up and you actually get to go out.

That pisses me off too. The other week, all 15 of me and my college mates organised a night out, then we broke up for Christmas and didn't all see each other for a few days. It got to about 4pm on the evening we were meant to go out, and everyone was crying off, because they'd heard that "soso and soso aren't going, because that one told me". It got really ridiculous, us all phoning around each other, so me and my one mate said "RIGHT, sod this, me and you are going even if no one else goes!". We then phoned one person each and told them this. They did the same. Slowly everyone decided to come out, and only the genuinely ill/working didn't turn up. But why all the hassle was needed I don't know. Bloody people.
  • Options
    damn annoying, and heard it a million times before.
    but i think its a self esteem issue tbh... some people just cannot say 'no'... hope whatever will go away (you won't ask them again), but when you do they are eventually Forced to give an answer so try not to hurt your feelings by making up some cock-and-bull story... it sucks... :grump:
  • Options
    Hardly happens to me anymore. I usually had this problem with female friends, but I hardly meet them anymore, because they all got boyfriends and are boring.

I hate it too, when you settle a meet to go out, and then they call you up with something like, "my boyfriend is coming around, sorry can't go."

WHAT THE FUCK. Tell your fucking boyfriend to stay in his hut, we arranged something for a week now and you call it off, because he's a gimp and is tired of masturbating or what?!

Not that tough, but in a similar version I used to tell them that, that made them mostly stop.

Those people know that they are really rude with such things, you just have to let them know, so they don'T feel safe with getting away with it.
  • Options
    Ahh my friend did this to me yesterday. All hyped up to go out NYE and she says I have spots on my face so I cant go. So I go all bitchy anddddd yeahh she has mumps. WHOOPSY.
  • Options
    Rachael wrote:
    Ahh my friend did this to me yesterday. All hyped up to go out NYE and she says I have spots on my face so I cant go. So I go all bitchy anddddd yeahh she has mumps. WHOOPSY.

lol, unlucky, that's the kind of thing that would happen to me.
  • Options

Personally, I think this is pathetic. When I went to my first gig about 7 months ago, I got told right at the last minute that a friend of mine wasn't going. Yes, I would've liked him to come, but even though he didn't go I still ended up going and had a good time.