Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

inviting yourself to a party.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I am at a friends big flat share for NYE, and a few friends I was out with yesterday did not have plans. So he asked if this is a private function and I said no, and that he is allowed to come if he does not bring his druggy burglar friends (it was a joke), so he will be coming with his girlfriend, even tho she does not know anyone there and nobody of my friends knows her.

But it's easy like that with me and my homey G's yo in da hood.

So just call and ask, "Hey I don't have plans for NYE yet, what are you up to?"
    You can even be more direct and ask them, "Do you think anyone would mind if I just come along?". If they are something like, "Well, I'm not so sure about that... hmmm." instead of "well, I will check with the host." or "Noooo, sorry we forget about you, of course you can come." then fuck them.

It's a bit uncomfy, but if they really just neglect to think of you (it's a ugly feeling, have that too sometimes), they would have nooooooo problem at all with you asking for it.

Don't be so shy, goddammit Blah, sometimes you have to point your finger onto something and shout, "I WANT!".

/edit: After reading the first page:
    you had other plans last year, and they probably just assumed you are occupied again. surely, they could've asked, but even my friend christian in the flat-share asked this year if I will be at their place (I was offline in icq at the time, and he was when I read it, so I never gave him an answer because he knows eitherwise or I just come 'round, no real invitation needed, but still...).
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    If you have clearly said to them you have nothing to do and they still don't invite you, than that is a clear and undoubtable indication that they don't want you to go.
    But the fact that they send you cards and buy you presents and stuff shows the total opposite; talk about mixed signals!
    Personally this would make me mad. I'd call any of them and tell them that and ask why they don't want me to go. If, as the presents indicate, they considered me a friend, then they'd have to explain why (and it might have been a specific reason). If they still made excuses, I'd ask them why they keep doing that stuff if they don't want me around them.
    Either way, I'd find out something. Even if that was that they're asses.

Do what you feel like, but the definite thing is that you have to ask why they don't want you there. Don't ask if you can go, they might say yes just out of some misplaced "politeness". Just get straight to the point.
  • Options
    Wellll, it looks like i was being a bit paranoid and it was a bit of a mix up. I just got invited out of the blue.

Apparantly the host is a bit funny over who goes because some of my mates have twattish boyfriends who insult her about her weight.

I think that along with this fact, people are so used to me being away that they just didnt think.

So i think everything is fine and i shall try to forget all this and have fun at the party :D
  • Options
    Aww fer fucks sake. :rolleyes: :p
  • Options
    sweet :D
  • Options
    yay.
    Have a great time :)
  • Options
    Awww, have a good time :)
  • Options
    i was gonna reply to this thread, but looks like i dont need to! have a good time!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Nice to hear they asked you out of the blue! :thumb:
    Have fun!
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    Wellll, it looks like i was being a bit paranoid and it was a bit of a mix up. I just got invited out of the blue.

Apparantly the host is a bit funny over who goes because some of my mates have twattish boyfriends who insult her about her weight.

I think that along with this fact, people are so used to me being away that they just didnt think.

So i think everything is fine and i shall try to forget all this and have fun at the party :D
    I knew it, I was right! :p
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    I knew it, I was right! :p

hehe. Its really silly how much it got to me when i had nothing to worry about. (or at least i THINK i have nothing to worry about!)
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    hehe. Its really silly how much it got to me when i had nothing to worry about. (or at least i THINK i have nothing to worry about!)
    it's not silly, you weren't to know
  • Options
    I didn't get invited to nights out for ages and I finally just asked why I wasn't asked and it turns out that because I went through a skint phase for about a month then work stuff they thought I didn't want to go out. Now they know it's fine and I've had 3 invites in one week.

You just have to come out with it really.