Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

OK.. How do you the impossible :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK, heres the long story... I'm in a bit of a cufuffle and its REALLY pecking my head in.

I'm recently 18 and I go to College by taking the Metrolink. For a few weeks now, (although I've seen her for at least a year!) I've had DEEP feelings for a nice looking girl. Call it love at second sight if you must :) I REALLY want to talk to ask her out because I honestly can't get her out of my head :( . We Don't go to the same school, though I know from what she wears, she goes to an all girls school and is in the year below me.

So I ask you the very good people.. How the hell do I ask her out in public, not under the influence of alcohol, when I'm tired (since I've woken up 30mins ago) and not in the best of talking moods. The things that are holding me back is of course rejection, in public and/or she has a boyfriend. Then after the rejection, its going to be awkward getting the Metro every time I see her.

I'm not really shy around girls, I have some girl mates. I'm able to pull in a club, but obviously, its a hell of alot easier when your tipsy and the ladies are slightly tipsy too :) (also no one to see the demise of rejection)

I've even put in the effort to find her in myspace. No luck :(

I'd really appreciate any help at all! The biggest questions I have are, what chat up line should I use (eg. "Hi what school do you go to"). When should I ask her (when she is waiting for the metro? or, sit down close to her and then ask her?). Has anyone else been in such a situation?? :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    whats wrong with just sitting down next to her one day and saying something like "hey....how are you? i always notice you sitting here by yourself, so thought id come and say hi...my names......"
    just make general chit chat...once you've done it once, you can do it again, and maybe make it more flirty with time.
    Yeh... true :)

Also a question for the girls, do you like being looked at by a randomer :P. In what way should someone NOT look at you? :)
    personally, i dont like staring for ages....i like eye contact, then if i look bk, a nice smile, maybe abit coy/shy?
    You could stalk her. :naughty:
    Don't think of it as "asking her out" - think of it as starting a conversation with the aim of getting to know someone better. That way you're not going to be worrying about rejection, because there's nothing to reject, you're just after a chat.

I think what I would do is go over to her while she's waiting for the metro and say something like "I noticed you waiting by yourself over here so thought I'd come over and say hi." Good thing about doing it before you get on the metro is that you don't get stuck next to one another for the whole ride if things don't go well.

Prepare a few things to ask her/say to her so that once you've started the conversation you don't have an awkward silence. A few about her, eg. "So you go to [name of school]? What's it like there?" (if you're feeling confident maybe even throw in a little joke about whether it's nice not having guys around to bug you all through the day... could be a good way to gauge her reaction to you coming over for a chat); a few where you show her what kind of guy you are, so maybe "I saw a really interesting/funny programme on TV last night, did you watch it?", "You get any good Christmas presents? I got..." or "I got an excellent CD for Christmas. What kind of music are you into?"

Just be natural and talk to her like she's one of your friends. Good luck!
    Write 'I love you' on the Metro and give it to her.

Try not to vomit on her.
    Write 'I love you' on the Metro and give it to her.

Try not to vomit on her.

Haha :P
    You could probably ask her out to somewhere like the cinema as a friend first?
    Sofie wrote:
    You could probably ask her out to somewhere like the cinema as a friend first?
    You'd have to be a friend first, to do that.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    wildchild wrote:
    Don't think of it as "asking her out" - think of it as starting a conversation with the aim of getting to know someone better. That way you're not going to be worrying about rejection, because there's nothing to reject, you're just after a chat.

I think what I would do is go over to her while she's waiting for the metro and say something like "I noticed you waiting by yourself over here so thought I'd come over and say hi." Good thing about doing it before you get on the metro is that you don't get stuck next to one another for the whole ride if things don't go well.

Prepare a few things to ask her/say to her so that once you've started the conversation you don't have an awkward silence. A few about her, eg. "So you go to [name of school]? What's it like there?" (if you're feeling confident maybe even throw in a little joke about whether it's nice not having guys around to bug you all through the day... could be a good way to gauge her reaction to you coming over for a chat); a few where you show her what kind of guy you are, so maybe "I saw a really interesting/funny programme on TV last night, did you watch it?", "You get any good Christmas presents? I got..." or "I got an excellent CD for Christmas. What kind of music are you into?"

Just be natural and talk to her like she's one of your friends. Good luck!

:yes: sounds like a great approach to take. You might find this article on the first conversation helps too. :)
    Also try this video - how to ask someone out on a train.
    Tipsi wrote:
    I'd really appreciate any help at all! The biggest questions I have are, what chat up line should I use (eg. "Hi what school do you go to"). When should I ask her (when she is waiting for the metro? or, sit down close to her and then ask her?). Has anyone else been in such a situation?? :)

I would say, as others have done, that what you really need is an icebreaker, rather than a chat up line. SOmething harmless like saying something about the weather or the train being delayed or whats in the news if she reads the free paper on the train. That's the most difficult hurdle to get over as you sound like you're genuinely nervous about talking to her. Once you've done that you'll at least know that she won't bite your head off and you're capable of talking to her.

I would say that if you feel like you want to talk to her, you really must as you'll regret it so much if you don't. Good luck!