Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Manchester United

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Will win the premiership this season. Thanks to Cristiano Ronaldo. How does that feel to stick up your arse froggy dickhead fat boy?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    You signed up to post that?

My my, its glad to see a Manchester United supporter living up to his intellectual reputation.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    You signed up to post that?

My my, its glad to see a Manchester United supporter living up to his intellectual reputation.

And it's nice to see that his puerile swipe got the desired reaction :D

Though as a nuetral, I do think ManYoo will win the Premiership this season
  • Options
    Nah, his reaction was to get my upset and riled.

Whereas I just get to sit in the smug self-satisfaction of knowing that one of my beer-fuelled farts has more intelligence and a wittier repartee :D
  • Options
    *would rather see Chelsea win the title again*
  • Options
    Surely it's between Man United and Bolton this year?
  • Options
    Hmm I wonder who that could be, Godscop?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

:(
  • Options
    There's no evidence that the user has previously been registered, or is registered as anyone else.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:

:lol: Yeah, with Saints to win the Champions League inside 3 years :lol:
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    There's no evidence that the user has previously been registered, or is registered as anyone else.

so why are they shown as 'banned' then?
  • Options
    Because they've just been banned. I was answering Yerascrote's suggestion that a long term user had signed up under a different name to post this.
  • Options
    Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    Though as a nuetral, I do think ManYoo will win the Premiership this season
    Me too.
    However, I can't wait to see Larsson playing next month! :D *big fan*
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:

To be fair, that's more likely than Liverpool...
  • Options

sniper.jpg

:impissed:
  • Options

Yeah, but to be fair, we're more likely to win the league than Liverpool ;)

Manchester United have so far been the best team in the league- best goal difference, most points- and if they did win it it would be deserved.

The worst thing is that I wouldn't be upset if Manchester United did win the league...just seeing the face of the Special (School) One would be worth the gloating.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Yeah, but to be fair, we're more likely to win the league than Liverpool ;)

sniper.jpg
    :impissed:
  • Options
    An equally interesting question is who do neutrals would rather win the Premiership between Man U and Chelsea?

I've been conducting a straw poll and I'd say two thirds of all people I've asked would rather see United than Chelsea. Many of them went out of their way to point out that they're not exactly fans of Man U, but it is certainly the lesser of two evils for a number of reasons.

I'm not too bothered myself. Would probably choose United over Chelsea as well, mainly because I don't think a previously mediocre team suddenly winning 3 consecutive titles thanks to the endless millions of a Russian billionaire is a good thing for football.
  • Options
    To be fair, I don't give a rats ass who wins it if it's not my team.
  • Options
    Yeh somehow Utd seem less hateful this past few years but all I need to do is close my eyes and think back to the 90's, dominating everything with the most arrogant, cocky fans and players imaginable. Ah hate them!
  • Options
    I can still never say that I'd rather Utd won a title than anyone, but based on performances so far this season, I'd say they deserve to be in the lead. Not only on results, but also because they've played some great stuff. But I've always felt sorry for genuine Man Utd fans, purely because there are so many blatant glory supporters out there. And glory supporters are generally cocks who can't take the slightest bit of criticism of their own team, or see it anything like objectively. Have to say, I've been apologised to by Man Utd fans (by mates of someone being a dickhead) more than fans of any other club.
  • Options
    How priviledged you must feel Kermit, that someone would sign up an account with the sole aim of mindlessly taunting you - at least they spelt Cristiano Ronaldo correctly.

The title race will go down to the wire. United are traditionally strong in the second half of the season but I expect Chelsea to strengthen in order to sort out some of their problems. Richards for all of £18m if the papers are to be believed. :rolleyes:

Ronaldo's been the best player in the league and has certainly shut a few people up - I enjoyed watching the MOTD muppets squirming as they reluctantly praised him the other night. Scholes is the key to our fine season though, and Vidic has been a revelation. I still think we're one player (midfielder) away from the finished article, but times are good. I'm looking forward to seeing Larsson as well.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Richards for all of £18m if the papers are to be believed. :rolleyes:
    Better fucking hadn't do. If Rio went for £18m from West Ham to Leeds, then we want more than that. Youngest defender to get his first cap, plus inflation, plus the fact that it's Chelsea. I wanna keep him though. If he's worth £18m now, he'll be worth £30m in a few years.

I actually expect Chelsea to finish stronger, purely because they have the stronger squad. I think it depends a great deal on any injuries Man Utd get, and the form of some of the older players once they get to the 40 game mark. Oh, and Chelsea need John Terry back if they're gonna go on a run.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    ...Would probably choose United over Chelsea as well, mainly because I don't think a previously mediocre team suddenly winning 3 consecutive titles thanks to the endless millions of a Russian billionaire is a good thing for football.

Never thought of that, but it's so true.

United have been (mostly) stonking this season, just a shame from an England International viewpoint that Rooney hasn't really been amongst the goals.. First choice striker that he is....
  • Options
    Better fucking hadn't do. If Rio went for £18m from West Ham to Leeds, then we want more than that. Youngest defender to get his first cap, plus inflation, plus the fact that it's Chelsea. I wanna keep him though. If he's worth £18m now, he'll be worth £30m in a few years.

I like Richards but I hope if he goes to Chelsea, he'll be the next Glen Johnson. Chelsea have a knack for ruining young English talents' careers. He'd be better off going somewhere else I think, though you'd never sell him to us. :p

I actually expect Chelsea to finish stronger, purely because they have the stronger squad. I think it depends a great deal on any injuries Man Utd get, and the form of some of the older players once they get to the 40 game mark. Oh, and Chelsea need John Terry back if they're gonna go on a run.

Yes, the season could be decided on injuries and suspensions. I don't actually think Chelsea's squad is as strong as they think, simply because the players they have aren't good enough or aren't performing. Essien is my favourite player at Chelsea and if I could have one player from their team at United, it would definitely be him, but he and Drogba aside, Chelsea's squad has been very average. I would say an injury to Drogba, would be infinitely worse for Chelsea, than an injury to say Rooney at United.
  • Options
    As a complete nuetral I'd like to see Man Yoo win it. Their football has been about 100x better for the nuetral - attacking, flowing, quick unlike Chelsea's which has been generally negative - hence the reliance on Drogba to cheat/bail them out of trouble in the last minute when they've fucked up yet again. The Biscuitmen showed them that relying on Drogba too much is dangerous.

Granted, not having John Terry is a huge disadvantage but other teams have to put up with injuries. Poor old Newcastle have a massive injury list.

Plus it will all be worth it to see the expression on Mourinho's face when Chelsea don't win the league.
  • Options
    Newcastle's injury list is just insane. I liked seeing Srnicek playing again though :)
  • Options
    ack, double post
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    I don't actually think Chelsea's squad is as strong as they think.

There are good players, but especially defensively I don't think they have that much cover. Same up front- without Drogba I don't see where the goals will come from (and I also don't think Drogba's form is permanent).

I also don't think United's squad is as weak as people try to claim too. When you can rest your best player and still win 3-0 away from home its not too bad.

Ronaldo is a very very talented player, I've never ever denied that because I do know something about football. He never used to be able to cross, but now he's sorted out his final ball, and if he cuts out his diving he will be one of Man United's greatest ever number 7s.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:

Come the day...
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    *would rather see Chelsea win the title again*

I would rather not