Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Why didnt it work?

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blah must mean Kief, like you buy in the 'DAM. If she knows someone who is into growing then it's possible.

Joes_joint.jpg
    thats what i thought, sticky ickyness sounds more like it

:no: definatly not. Its a fine dry dust. Ive used that up now anyway so doesnt matter.
    Blah wrote:
    you can get these extractor things. The person i got mine from has a big machine that does it, but you can also get little hand held cylinder contraptions where you put the (properly dried) leaves in the top, theres a fine mesh seperating the cylinder and then you shake it around (takes forever manually) and the crystals fall through the mesh into the bottom compartment.

The dust can then be compressed or mixed with oils/shit to make solid.

eta: actually it might be the buds that are put into the extracting machine, i cant remember!

Why bother?
    Nash wrote:
    Blah must mean Kief, like you buy in the 'DAM. If she knows someone who is into growing then it's possible.

Joes_joint.jpg

That looks like brown heroin to me.
    Blagsta wrote:
    Why bother?

to make compressed lumps or solid.
    Blah wrote:
    to make compressed lumps or solid.

Oh yeah, I know about making hash. However I find it very hard to believe that any hash is made in this country. Its made in Morocco, Egypt, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan etc.
    Blagsta wrote:
    Oh yeah, I know about making hash. However I find it very hard to believe that any hash is made in this country. Its made in Morocco, Egypt, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan etc.

Nah lots of growers make there own hash over here, you just won't find it available at your local dealer.
    OK, fairynuff. As I said, its been a few years since I used cannabis.
    I don't see the point in those crystal catcher grinders, how many people are actually bothered to make hash from the crystals?
    My mate has one, he collects the 'crystals', which look excactly like those in that picture, and makes crystal spliffs (basically a rollie with those 'crystals' on it). They taste like complete fucking shit and are just generally wank, I hate it when he makes those.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    pill 'ed wrote:
    I don't see the point in those crystal catcher grinders, how many people are actually bothered to make hash from the crystals?
    My mate has one, he collects the 'crystals', which look excactly like those in that picture, and makes crystal spliffs (basically a rollie with those 'crystals' on it). They taste like complete fucking shit and are just generally wank, I hate it when he makes those.

:yes:
    Weekender Offender 
    Someone that my "source" sells to didnt realise he was only supposed to put a small sprinkling of compressed crystals into a spliff, he put in the whole chunk! He didnt wake up for 2 days :lol:
    Nash wrote:
    I remember people saying "oh you have to heat it up to make the cannabinoids active"

This is a wrong statement to make as it is totally false. If you eat it Raw you will have the same effects.

You just have to make sure you eat enough, but not too much. I found the dosage has to be just right to make it a pleasurable experience. And this can be difficult as the strength of weed varies alot!

you mightnt need to heat it to 'activate the cannabinoids' but you need to heat it to extract the THC into the oil.. which is the most efficent way of gettin the THC absorbed in your stomach

ive tried it both ways several times and i swear by the cooking oil method.. defintely advise it!
    I've cooked with cannabis and just eaten it 'raw' in the past and I can never tell even the slightest bit of difference, its just about getting the THC into your stomach.

As for the OP using it, I think your best bet is a vapouriser, this way you can easily regulate the dose, but it wont be harsh on your lungs.

If you are going to eat it, and skunk will work just as fine as hash my advice is not to bother with all the fancy pants ideas and just eat it, it tastes a bit unpleasant but I've always been completely mystified by the oil idea.
    try it both ways and give some feedback, im interested to see
    z- wrote:
    try it both ways and give some feedback, im interested to see
    yeh i will do, its a few days before i go back to my other house where i'll try.

So when im done i'll rport back :)
    I report back!!

Made some lovely weed cookies. I dissolved the weed into butter, then strained it, but decided to put in the strained out lumps anyway.

Tasted and smelled lovely, I had one cookie to begin with, which would of had about a joints worth of weed in it i reckon. Nothing happened so an hour later i ate some more. had an effect on my stoner friends, but i felt no different.

Odd, that!
    send me a few to sample next time round :D

and yea that sucks, eating its always a bit fiddly for dosages.. what about a vapouriser?
    first off a few pinches of weed wont do it for yah. u need about a 10 bag in a yoghurt i would of thought. the last time i ate weed was when i made hash cakes, ended up making 8 medium cakes with a half of hashish in. ha it fucked me over for hours to the point were i didint have the need to skin up. my mate was still stoned the next morning so he says
    if u want a cup of tea, use loads of stalk nd heat it up in a saucepan of milk, or if u like alchol (vodka or whisky!) put loadsa stalk in wiv tht nd let it brew 4 bout 6 weeks thn ull get wasted lol
    Blah wrote: »
    I report back!!

Made some lovely weed cookies. I dissolved the weed into butter, then strained it, but decided to put in the strained out lumps anyway.

Tasted and smelled lovely, I had one cookie to begin with, which would of had about a joints worth of weed in it i reckon. Nothing happened so an hour later i ate some more. had an effect on my stoner friends, but i felt no different.

Odd, that!

You may well just have a higher tolerance, its all about receptors, some people have more, some have less. Unlike a blunt drug like speed there are specific receptors for THC.
    budda wrote: »
    You may well just have a higher tolerance, its all about receptors, some people have more, some have less. Unlike a blunt drug like speed there are specific receptors for THC.

i see. well next time i'll have to eat more then :yum: shouldnt be too difficult.

At least i know my amounts and technique for cooking were right. The others loved them and got nice and high :cool: