Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

first date to cinema outfit ideas

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
looking for advice here.....looking to make a good impression! so, guys, what do you notice about a girl on a 1st date? no no's and yes's please!!!
thank you

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well I'm female but for a first date to the cinema I would wear something like cords/nice jeans with a fluffy jumper. Nothing too low cut or tight or sexy, but more aimed at being "pretty" looking. Some nice perfume but not overpowering if you're going to be in the cinema, something soft and feminine.

If you're thinking kissing may be on the cards, don't bother with lipstick, just have a lip balm. And put hand cream on so you have nice soft hands when he holds your hand. :)
    You cannot generalize some fashion and everyone will be impressed.

If you aren't going for the punk-rock rat, wear the clothes clean and without holes :razz:

Just don't wear a skirt or anything too low cut to raise his hopes up (if that is not what you intend, which you aren't). Just find a good middle, don't look like a scarecrowman, nor like a barbie doll. Wear decent make-up, nice, clean trousers, cord or jeans are fine (not those skintight girl-pants.. you know them), and a pullover or a vest with a usual top underneath sounds fine I guess.

If you don't make a giant leap out of your ordinary wardrobe I wouldn't know anything to go wrong.
    how about jeans and a jumper as everyone else has sed - nothing too revealing
    I wouldn't wear a jumper to the cinema, ever (and especially not on a date). I would suggest going for a couple of light layers in case you get too hot or cold, I can never predict if I'll be sweating my arse off or shaking with cold in the flicks.

I would probably wear jeans, boots with a bit of a heel, a nice fitted t-shirt or shirt, cardi and a little jacket. Otherwise I'd go for a skirt with tights and flat boots, and something very plain on top. Add a lil bit of bling and Bob's your mother's brother :thumb:

Basically as has been said you need to stay within your clothing comfort zone while making a wee bit of an effort, I'm sure whatever you have in mind will be just fine :)
    I rarely deviate from my normal attire on dates. :) I don't think you should, just wear something casual and good-looking.
    hmm last time i went to to the cinema on a date i wore a jumper dress, tights and flat boots. bit gutted actually because you don't really get much chance to see someones outfit when you get picked up from your house then keep your coat on until you get seated because its cold. then after he cinema its pretty late and even more cold so you put your coat back on until you get home! therefore i made a special effort to walk down the stairs to the loos during the film and then back up again so he got to see me in my dress and boots and he was proper staring at me hehe.
    just wear your normal clothes for the cinema.
    briggi just wondering why you would never wear a jumper on a date?
    Obv I don't mean a massive thick polo neck type jumper, but like a fitted off the shoulder one?
    i probably wouldnt wear a jumper either, just in case you get too hot. But a thin jumper I would. Generally I got for the layers look because more ofton then not I either have to strip a layer off, or add another one!

I think the casual look sounds good! Jeans/cords, a cute top layer, with ordinary top underneath - yes nothing too revealing, nothing too dressed up after all it is only the cinema and he probably wont be able to see what your wearing in any great detail anyway!

and yes i agree lip balm and hand moisturiser are a good idea :thumb:

have fun!