Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

North America

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Just wondering if anybody could offer advice here:

Im looking to go north america next year but I dont know where to go, I would be visiting for a max of say 15 days total and Ive visited NYC already. I really dont know whether to head back and see the state instead of just the city this time, or perhaps try Los Angeles/San francisco (california), Florida or somewhere like Texas.

Any suggestions would be great,

Steve
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    NY state hasn't got that much to offer.

I cannot recommend New England enough, especially during the autumn.

West Coast is personlly my favourite. Ignore LA - it's a dump. San Fran is really nice in summer as is San Diego.

However, the place I'd recommend above all others is Seattle. So very chic and cool. Portland is also nice if you're heading to Oregon.
    Florida isnt that great. There isnt much to do appart from theme parks and the beach. San Fransico is good though i cant remember much of it cos i went ages ago. This year i went to Ottawa in Canada and Toronto which i really enjoyed. Its really close to Niagra Falls which is beautiful and there was loads to do.
    Make sure you go to Yellow Stone National Park. If you only do one thing, let it be that.
    I would agree with the Junky about that, definitely worth visiting Colorado, I would also suggest Missouri, possibly St. Louis (among other things the home of Budweiser). Seattle is definitely worth a visit, and Sacramento. In fact, it's hard to choose, to be honest. If you want good food go to North Carolina, if you want a good night out, go to San Francisco, if you want scenery etc, go to the midwest, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, and make sure you go to a rodeo, they are awesome fun. I would also suggest Vancouver and Calgary in Canada.
    It also depends on what time of the year you are going too!!
    San Francisco is great, LA isn't that bad. The 'Big Sur' is a good visit. Lake Tahoe in Nevada is sweet. I pretty much like California!

Of course is you havent been to Florida then it's a must visit in a lifetime.