Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

so they got him then

Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    And thanks to our good friends at the impartial and excellent value BBC, the first man has had his life destroyed.
  • Options
    Was it the 2nd man they arrested that has been charged ?
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Kermit wrote:
    And thanks to our good friends at the impartial and excellent value BBC, the first man has had his life destroyed.

God yes. A man who hasn't been charged but named will not be able to go back to normal life now. Poor sod :(
  • Options
    Was it the first or the second bloke who they kept playing clips of on Radio 1? If it was the first one, you're damn right. He's never gonna be able to lead a normal life after that. He was interviewed for background info, then arrested and so they played all of those clips and made him sound like a right weirdo.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Was it the 2nd man they arrested that has been charged ?

Yes.

Thank god they found the actual killer and all, but I feel for the first suspect. The man had his life torn apart in less than 24 hours... and as of yet it was for no reason. :rolleyes: Merry Christmas Tom Stephens.
  • Options
    They played clips of the first guy on Radio 1 etc ad nauseum; that really is unforgivable.

I had a feeling he [Tom Stephens] would turn out to be innocent though, he seemed to be more like your average village fruitcake than a murderer. That's not to mention that all the local prostitutes they kept "interviewing" (as much as you can interview someone who is completely strung out, nice work again BBC) on the news, Newsnight etc were all adamant that he couldn't have done it. Not that that's proof in itself of course, but it does say a lot.

Glad they seem to have got the guy.
  • Options
    The BBC staff responsible should have to pay from their own personal funds eight-figure compensation to Mr Stephens now. If it bankrupts them, all the better.

The BBC itself- already proven by Lord Hutton to be a hotbed of lies, corruption, and appalling journalism- should be summarily shut down and its assets sold to the highest bidder.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    The BBC staff responsible should have to pay from their own personal funds eight-figure compensation to Mr Stephens now. If it bankrupts them, all the better.

The BBC itself- already proven by Lord Hutton to be a hotbed of lies, corruption, and appalling journalism- should be summarily shut down and its assets sold to the highest bidder.

I completely agree in this situation, but to suggest that Hutton wasnt politically biased is crazy.

Also I should point out that they've only charged the other bloke, he is far from guilty.
  • Options
    To be fair, it wasn't just the BBC reporting on the first guy. It was the Sunday Mirror that got the original interview I believe.

And Tom Stephens has been released on bail, not set free without charge.
  • Options
    I'd agree, I don't think the other bloke should have been named either.

It's time to make journos personally responsible for what they write. The original interview was jointly between BBC Newsnight and the Sunday Mirror, and it was the Sunday Mirror who first claimed he'd "done it". So the Sunday Mirror's journos should be bankrupted too.
  • Options
    hmm we still dont know they have the right man, innocent till proven guilty and all that......
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    innocent till proven guilty and all that......

Not for much longer. Just watch they are bound to drag up anything that will make it look like he's guilty, the papers will put more people on it than the Police.
  • Options
    exactly, impossible for a fair trial in situations like this, gets on my goat.
  • Options
    did you see the ITV news rundown of the word by word charges that they are bringing on this guy??

I mean being a murderer is terrible but they really have gone over the top with this story I think.

You'd think nothing else had happened in the world.