Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

"Mad Friday" so this is xmas...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Friday 22nd December or Mad Friday, is it called Mad friday in any other parts of the country or is it just a northern thing?

Is anyone doing anything different or exciting?

town is usually full of pissed up fools due to everyone finishing work early for xmas, lots of people who never usually going mental and annoying people just wanting to have a good time.

you usually get your gaggle of middle aged women who think they are 21 again complete with reindeer antlers and flashing santa hats, again being annoying.

anyway, in reflection i'll be staying out of the way this year and going to the local social club and get off my tits with my girlfriend and a few of the lads.

roll on xmas eve when the real party starts!! woooooooooooooo its xmas

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    xmas shopping tomorrow.

sat: rave

xmas eve: curry and piss up

and i've never heard it being called 'mad friday'!
  • Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    koe_182 wrote:
    you usually get your gaggle of middle aged women who think they are 21 again complete with reindeer antlers and flashing santa hats, again being annoying.
    lol yeh. there'll probably be lots of them ;)

Not heard it referred to as 'mad friday', but this friday's party time here :) Going out with my girl and our friends. Should be a good night!!
    Going out with work for a few. Should be fun, but I'm not staying out all night. Can't be arsed with the people who never normally drink and then just want to puke on or fight with anyone and everyone.
    Kermit wrote:
    Going out with work for a few. Should be fun, but I'm not staying out all night. Can't be arsed with the people who never normally drink and then just want to puke on or fight with anyone and everyone.

those are the ones we are intending to avoid this year. they drink for lunch time and usually either throw up or fight or collapse by tea time, and usually say something along the lines of "someone must have spiked my drink, im not normally like that" when infact they mean they have drunk too much and lost control.
    Down here its called black friday. Worked in a bar in newcastle on the mad friday weekend, was a party on both sides of the bar. It was awesome

This year either working or stay in, don't like going out on mad friday really
    We're all drinkers in this office so it should be fine for a while, but I fully intend to be on the bus home by about 4 o'clock.

I really don't fancy getting in a fight or having to put up with screeching old hags who can't handle their rose.
    I'm not going out tomorrow, got to be at work for 8:15 on Saturday :crying: Yes, the whole 45 minutes earlier.

Was meant to be going out tonight, but tbh, I can't be bothered listening to everyone from school ribbiting on about A Levels and Universities, and then them looking at me and saying "Oh.... you must feel so left out! So how is your nails course? Maybe you can paint my nails for me?" :grump: Narrowminded twits. I'd love to turn around and tell them I'm applying for Uni too, but tbh, if I do decide not to go, I know what they'll say. They do't need to know anyway :D

So *rant done* I'm gonna stay home, and help my mum deliver presents and do the Christmas shop I think :D
    i've never heard of it either - i dont' even think most people get to leave work early down here either and if they do they are generally running up and down Oxford Street like headless chickens trying to get everything.

Also often friday isn't the last day in the office before christmas so i'm even more confused because 99% of the time the last day is christmas eve or am i just being fick like.
    Wyetry wrote:
    Also often friday isn't the last day in the office before christmas so i'm even more confused because 99% of the time the last day is christmas eve or am i just being fick like.

we dont work weekends round these parts!! monday to friday.

majority of people finish early on fridays as a rule anyway, but last day is usually lunchtime finish, im supposed to be here till 4 tomorrow but no doubt will be going early if i have my way.:yippe:
    Break up from work at 12, all hop on a bus for our work's do, eatget pissed then pull the really really fit guy that I haven't yet managed to speak to.....then who knows?!
    Probably be pissed at some point on Friday.

I've to be up early for the football on Saturday though.

Which wouldn't be so bad if I'd started my Xmas shopping.

:o
    Possible going out tonight for a few... don't think I'm doing anything tomorrow.
    Going out again sat, and then should be a big one Sunday night.
    It is without a doubt the worst night of the year to be out on the town as a "normal" reveller.

I'll be out doing the rounds of the usual pubs to see all the usual suspects, but won't head out until later so hopefully a lot of the crazies will have fucked off home/to hospital by that point. Christmas Eve is definitely, definitely when the fun starts. I'm actually quite glad that it's a Sunday this year, gives things a nice chilled-out vibe :)
    I'm working xmas eve :(
    koe_182 wrote:
    we dont work weekends round these parts!! monday to friday.

majority of people finish early on fridays as a rule anyway, but last day is usually lunchtime finish, im supposed to be here till 4 tomorrow but no doubt will be going early if i have my way.:yippe:

Yeah but say christmas falled on a Wednesday - then most peoples last day in the office would be the Tuesday which is christmas eve - so would you all then have mad friday on the preceeding friday and come into work again on the monday and tuesday?

If you see what I mean.

I think i'm supposed to work until 6 tomorrow but we are trying to sneek out early
    i cant actually remember what happened last time it fell midweek, probably just got fucked up on the eve of xmas....i'll try and remember...
    I've never heard anyone call it Mad Friday before.
    I'm going home tomorrow night :D

So its a night in with the family I guess.
    Going to some solsticey gathering at a withces place. I kid you not.
    I have leaving drinks ofr one of the girls in the office tomorrow and we're finishing about 12. Will be on the way home by 4, I cant handle my drink at the moment. Will spend the weekend doing stuff for christmas, like tiding my home so my brother and his girlfriend can nick my bed when they visit.
    I'm trying to free myself of work altogether tomorrow... :D

I've already done my weekly hours, and I want tomorrow for myself (ie for crazy last-minute Christmas shopping).
    Working friday night and not heading out after, working sat and sunday all day and then the party starts on monday.

It's called black eyed friday round here because all the labourers finish for christmas and drink all day and there's usually alot of fights that night.
    We call it 'Freaky Friday' and it's usually a mess.

All the country bumpkins and slack-jawed wonders hit the town for a big night on the piss, which always means trouble at the best of times, but couple that with copious amounts of festive alcohol, and it's best just to avoid the whole thing. I'll be out though.
    I work in a bar and we call it Black Friday here, its officially the worst day in the year to work...and by the time I start tonight at seven I fully expect the pub to be full of drunk middle aged women who think they are much better than me!
    How can I contain myself :S
    People call it 'Mad Friday' round here too, but I'd never it called that before this year. I work in a bar, starting at 6 tonight and it will probably be packed already. Don't think I'm going to enjoy tonight much :(, hopefully the tips will be good though.
    Never heard it call anything. But my mate has a crate of magners that the three of us are probably going to start and finish tonight before going out.
    I've done fuck all work today, deputy team leader is away to get the Champers in for our meeting in a bit :thumb:
    I left the pub tipsy at four, everyone else had started on the shots and serious drinking. I really cant face drinking much at the moment.
    Some of my mates started drinking around 11am today because it was the last day on the site, i never went out tonight but i could only imagine the state some of them are in now.
    It was utter chaotic insanity in Newcastle last night, I saw tens of people being arrested (in what would usually be considered "the quiet spots") and I don't even want to start remembering how many people I saw upchucking outside taverns.

I had fun though :D