Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Chronic jawlock-pills

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok ever since ive started doing pills ive got the worst ever jawlock,
didnt really get any pain first few months but 2 months ago i was really fucked on pumas and was gurning like crazy.

next day i had the worst ever jawlock which wouldnt go away- my jaw clicks every single time i open or close my mouth, and it sort of felt 'tight' at the hinge of my jaw, so i had to sort of rearrange the bone every time, and then over the weeks it improved and felt more 'loose'.

last night i went to see kasabian and popped a couple of pills, and once again was gurning big time ( i always have to chew on something really hard (!) like a pen or whatever.
today i cant even open my jaw without it being really painful- it feels really 'tight' again and clicks really loudly and i have to keep rearranging my jaw.its horrible as i can feel the bones grinding together and its so painful.

my mate who used to be into pills in a BIG way tried 'massaging' my jaw at the sides in circular motions while i slowly opened my mouth wide and then closed. he said its never failed for jawlock.

unfortunately it failed me. my jaw is incredibly painful. i love my pills and wouldnt want to give them up in a hurry so is there any other way i can get rid of it?

Comments

• Options
    Take 1000mgs of Magnesium, it helps with muscle tension.
  • Options
    Mg is a good idea. Besides that, I'd think chewing something hard is probably going to put extra pressure on your jaw...something softer like chewing gum or sweets would be better. Just bear in mind that when you are chewing all night and not eating, your stomach is producing a lot of excess acid etc!
  • Options
    Make sure you got some chewing gum next time you're buzzing!
    I can't stand gum on pills anymore for some reason, I seem to be able to control my gurning, to a certain extent, these days.
  • Options
    Why are there four of these threads :(