Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Police steal property and hand it to pensioners...

Glad to see that we've got our prirorities right in this country!

Fuck the rights of young people, lets just piss all over them just so the old duffers will vote for us.

And they wonder why faith in our corrupt politicians and incompetent murdering police force is at an all-time low...
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    soon it could be legal to take a person's house and give it to someone else if its been unoccupied for over 6 months
    Kermit wrote:
    Glad to see that we've got our prirorities right in this country!

Fuck the rights of young people, lets just piss all over them just so the old duffers will vote for us.

And they wonder why faith in our corrupt politicians and incompetent murdering police force is at an all-time low...

:thumb:

Bribery can be very intoxicating
    I'm just eagerly awaiting the site of oaps hanging around bus shelters and shop fronts with a bottle of white lightening. Alcoholism knows no age limit, surely the police are going to be swapping one social problem for another?! :p
    Can't you all see that this is actually population control...
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    To play a bit of devil's advocate here, to my understanding it is illegal for people so young to have them, it is legal for the police to take them away and it is legal for the pensioners to drink them. :p
    Ill vote for em if they give me all the confiscated drugs from the neighbourhood in a lovely bonus christmas hamper!!
    Ill vote for em if they give me all the confiscated drugs from the neighbourhood in a lovely bonus christmas hamper!!
    :lol:
    same. (not for alco-pops though)
    surely it's more dangerous for old biddies to be drinking alcopops and stuff rather than teenagers? (yes i know it's still dangerous) Just seems rather irrisponsible.

they can go and buy their own alcohol :grump:
    Yes, because taking drinks from underage drinkers is pissing all over their rights in favour of the grey vote. Not like they were doing anything illegal....oh..wait.
    :yeees:
    To play a bit of devil's advocate here, to my understanding it is illegal for people so young to have them, it is legal for the police to take them away and it is legal for the pensioners to drink them. :p

Can someone check that?

I know it's illegal to buy or attempt to buy alcohol if you are under 18, but I don't think that it is illegal to be in possession...
    Can someone check that?

I know it's illegal to buy or attempt to buy alcohol if you are under 18, but I don't think that it is illegal to be in possession...

Police have the power to confiscate alcohol from anyone they believe or know to be under 18.

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1997/1997033.htm
    Can someone check that?

Yes it seems.

A few years ago at school a police officer came in and this Q was asked and he said that the police have a right to seize alcohol from under 18s in a public place. I think he did add though that if you were discreetly carrying unopened bottles/cans to a party or whatever that would probably be okay.

Meh, I don't really care anyway about the police taking alcohol off under 18s, I'm 19 so my underage days have been and gone. Although I only really see justification for the police to confiscate alcohol from under 18's if it's actually been consumed in a public place.
    I think he did add though that if you were discreetly carrying unopened bottles/cans to a party or whatever that would probably be okay.

Some 18 year old friends of mine had alcohol taken off them on the way to a party because they were walking with some underage people. The police assumed that the legal people where going to give it to the youngun's. Bastards took the lot, that was a crap party.
    sav wrote:
    Police have the power to confiscate alcohol from anyone they believe or know to be under 18.

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1997/1997033.htm

Should have realised that the fuckers in parliament would have introduced something like that.

Stil, I had fun as a kid so bollocks.
    sav wrote:
    Some 18 year old friends of mine had alcohol taken off them on the way to a party because they were walking with some underage people. The police assumed that the legal people where going to give it to the youngun's. Bastards took the lot, that was a crap party.

We must have always been pretty lucky. The only time the police took alcohol off me and people I know was when we had a massive party on a school playing field in the summer holidays..
    young brains and alcohol ain't good. If they're somewhere where the pigs can take their alcohol, you can be sure it's not 'healthy' drinking. Take it off 'em.
    sav wrote:
    Yes, because taking drinks from underage drinkers is pissing all over their rights in favour of the grey vote. Not like they were doing anything illegal....oh..wait.
    :yeees:

The fact that the law was changed so that the police could do this is disgraceful, and proof that politicians only give a fuck about the old biddies who moan and whinge to the papers every time a young person looks at them in a funny tone of voice.

Still, they'll be dead soon. When Blair's heart packs in the party's at mine :thumb: