Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

mobile phone contracts for txt addicts??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi guys!
(i apologise if this is in the wrong place)
ive always been on PAYG with o2,purely cos i get 300 free texts a month as long as a top-up £10. Now, however, i keep using the free texts up v v quickly, so am spending about £30 a month on my phone.
does anyone know of any mega cheap contract deals, on any network (although i want to keep my current number,so it would need to be a network that would let me transfer my number). so far,ive found this 1:
http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/show/offer/dm4376?WT.mc_id=ConXmaMuMul_0228
but im not sure where else to look online - or maybe phone shops could help?
thanx

Comments

• Options
    For £5 extra, you can go on Dolphin 35 and get unlimited texts and 500 (or 550 if you do it online) any time any network minutes.

For someone who texts as much as I do (I spent over £90 on my last month on PAYG, and most of that went on texts, on top of the 300 free I got), this is a godsend. I sent over 1500 messages last month and only paid £35 for it XD.

Hurrah!
  • Options
    franki....does the diect debit for this come out of your bank on the same DATE every month? Also, can you sort this out in shops aswell as online? What kind of phones do they give you with this?
  • Options
    I think so, yes. It goes out of my mum's account though, so I couldn't tell you.

If you have a look on the Orange site it should show you which phones you can get with the contract. I have a Samsung D900 :heart:.
  • Options
    Some people's text messaging is quite impressive I must say. :p
  • Options
    Don't know if you'll have the same deals there, but I know T-mobile does unlimited text and picture messaging for around 10.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    franki....does the diect debit for this come out of your bank on the same DATE every month? Also, can you sort this out in shops aswell as online? What kind of phones do they give you with this?

That's how direct debits work though. They all come out on the same date every month unless that date falls on a bank holiday or weekend.
  • Options
    I've just got the orange dolphin unlimited package too :D
  • Options
    I'm with o2 and it costs me £15 a month and you get 500 free texts and i can't remember how many minutes, 200 maybe. However i always go over it, my phone bill last month was £31 :(
  • Options
    I'm on Orange PAYG with rewards that you can't get any more as a new customer but they are rather nice. If I top up by £15 in a month then I get 1000 evening/weekend texts and 600 same network evening minutes as a free reward.

It's worth having a good hunt through the PAYG rewards and bundles on various networks as what I've got is a far better deal than any contract and I still have complete control of what I'm spending. A little bit of self restraint and I can do most of my texting between 7pm and 7 am, and over the weekend!
  • Options
    I've got 500 text and 500 free anytime, any network minutes on a 'deal' with o2 for being a loyal customer.. what a load of crap that is. I ALWAYS go over - my most recent bill was just over £100.
  • Options
    squeal wrote:
    I'm with o2 and it costs me £15 a month and you get 500 free texts and i can't remember how many minutes, 200 maybe. However i always go over it, my phone bill last month was £31 :(

How did you get that deal? My dad was looking recently and the best he could get (he is on o2) was 300 free cross-network minutes and 100 texts for 17.50 per month
  • Options
    hi guys!
    (i apologise if this is in the wrong place)
    ive always been on PAYG with o2,purely cos i get 300 free texts a month as long as a top-up £10. Now, however, i keep using the free texts up v v quickly, so am spending about £30 a month on my phone.
    does anyone know of any mega cheap contract deals, on any network (although i want to keep my current number,so it would need to be a network that would let me transfer my number). so far,ive found this 1:
    http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/show/offer/dm4376?WT.mc_id=ConXmaMuMul_0228
    but im not sure where else to look online - or maybe phone shops could help?
    thanx

i found this site http://www.moneysupermarket.com/MobilePhones/default.aspx and it lets u put in ur expected txt and minutes usage to help find u a tariff. really helpfule feature i thought.
    :thumb:
  • Options
    That's how direct debits work though. They all come out on the same date every month unless that date falls on a bank holiday or weekend.

Tell that to my car insurance company! That'll teach me to use an irish firm, their concept of dates is ridiculous.