Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

F*$£%*!G Traffic Wardens!!!

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The reason why there were bigger drops before is because the target was much bigger- as explained, you save more lives by making people wear seatbelts than you do my making them wear better seatbelts. You save more lives introducing airbags than you do with introducing better airbags.

The reason why Italy and France can make bigger cuts is because they are coming from a bigger starting point.

It's easier to lose two stone in weight if you weight 20 stones than if you weigh ten, but that doesn't mean the fat person is on a better diet.

I'd also suggest that if the fatality rate is remaining constant as more and more people travel on the roads, then the ratio of fatailities is lower, which proves that the road safety policy is working.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit wrote:
    The reason why there were bigger drops before is because the target was much bigger- as explained, you save more lives by making people wear seatbelts than you do my making them wear better seatbelts. You save more lives introducing airbags than you do with introducing better airbags.

The reason why Italy and France can make bigger cuts is because they are coming from a bigger starting point.

It's easier to lose two stone in weight if you weight 20 stones than if you weigh ten, but that doesn't mean the fat person is on a better diet.

I'd also suggest that if the fatality rate is remaining constant as more and more people travel on the roads, then the ratio of fatailities is lower, which proves that the road safety policy is working.
    Well the fatality rate is based on per 100000 miles travelled in a vehicle on the road. But anyway, I don't think we're gonna agree, so I might leave it there. Think there have been some good points raised though.