Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

F*$£%*!G Traffic Wardens!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Yes, it has been a traffic warden day today!!!

Basically, at work there is a loading bay area for vans to park up and unload or load up on stock, etc. They are suppose to have as long as is needed to do this, except today the traffic wardens have decided that from now on they are going to ticket ANY vehicle that parks up in the loading bay area. Thus making themselves a nice little mint of businesses that have no other option but to park their vans there for deliveries, etc.

On the flip side, there is the back door to my family shop, which is away from the bay and so, in the past used to get ticketed but now that some random shopper parks there each day, it is "outside the jurisdiction of wardens" according to them. It was in their jurisdiction to ticket our van but now its a shopper not a business its ok to park their.

Finally, out side Maplins, buying light bulbs, in a space NEXT to a disabled space but NOT a disabled space, my van was given a ticket (not by official traffic warden but by some private hire one. £60 fine for parking in a shop car park to use the shop in question. And they will not in anyway let it slide or refund the fine unless there is proof that the van was parked in a regular parking spot, not a disabled one, which is impossible to prove as there is no cameras and it is some scruffy private hire twat of a wardens word against ours.

Fucking Traffic Wardens are SCUM! Evil, sadistic, lying, corrupt, need to die SCUM!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I didn't think it was illegal to park in a disabled space if you're not disabled ??? Or maybe i'm talking crap :)

I'd say the onus is on THEM to prove you were in a disabled bay not the other way around. Fuck'em !

Kermit will be along soon, he's good at legal stuff ;)

Or you could try -

'Are you disabled Sir ?'

'Yeah i've got Tourettes, fuck off.' :D
    If its a council ticket appeal, it makes no odds if you are in the right or not appeal it, send them a stern letter describing the situation and saying you feel its unreasonable. In my experience with this sort of thing you can get 50% over turned quite easily.
    I think it should be illegal for private companies to do this sort of job. The official ones should be required to take a photo of every offence that isn't a time related one. And the extortion that is car-clamping should also be banned.
    I think it should be illegal for private companies to do this sort of job. The official ones should be required to take a photo of every offence that isn't a time related one. And the extortion that is car-clamping should also be banned.

They need a licence, but after they have that private companies can clamp and issue tickets.
    So don't argue that you weren't parked in the handicapt spot. Get a can of spray paint, paint over the sign that restricts the parking, then take a picture of it. Claim that you didn't know it was a handicapt spot because the sign was painted over when you got there.

If they're gonna play cheap, ya might as well do the same.
    RubberSkin wrote:
    I didn't think it was illegal to park in a disabled space if you're not disabled ??? Or maybe i'm talking crap :)

Why would it be legal in the first place?:confused:
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    budda wrote:
    If its a council ticket appeal, it makes no odds if you are in the right or not appeal it, send them a stern letter describing the situation and saying you feel its unreasonable. In my experience with this sort of thing you can get 50% over turned quite easily.

Yes. Every parkign ticket I've had, I've appealed and been let off - as if I'd done something wrong in the first place.
    I remember parking legitimateely in a council car park that had a deal with a traveldodge I was staying in. I nthis particualr car park money that you put in wouldn't be carried on to the next day. The travelodfe informed me however that if you bought two tickets you were fine and then they showed me a letter concerning the agreement they had with the council.
    Next morning I went out to my van and found one of these jobs worth eyeing up my van. I explained the deal and he admitted he knew about it, but he was having none of it, said he didn't care, and slapped me with a ticket.

I appealed and got a letter back saying that the fine had been waved, but was told not to do it again? What the fucks that all about? Either I was right or I was wrong. Don't do it again?

I sent back two more letters requesting an apology and never got any reply.

At the end of the day, it cost me time (and money) to appeal. And I never got an appolgy. I have no problem in verbally abusing any of these cunts now. :mad: I hate the pricks.

If you ever get caught parking in a disabled bay when you shouldn't be and they ask you what disablity you have, tell them tourettes, then tell them they're a 'cunt' and to 'fuck off'.
    Weekender Offender 
    Fines for people who park in disabled bays without the badge should be a minimum of £300- anyone who does that is a cunt of the highest order, and really deserves to have their car crushed.

As for the private ticket, simply don't pay it. Put it in writing that you refuse to pay it because you were not parked in the manner that they claimed, and that it is up to them to prove that you were. As they're private, on private land, it would be a civil claim and I expect that they wouldn't bother chasing it. You just might not be allowed back on the private car park.

Traffic Wardens are often on targets- if they don't ticket enough people, they get fired. It is more than their job's worth to let you off or show compassion, because NCP and the other private twats will sack them if they do. That said, the people who whinge the most are the ones who are in the wrong- posh twats in Beemers, and van drivers, who ignore yellow lines should be towed away and charged £500 to get their car back.

As for what happens when the traffic wardens aren't there...utter chaos.
    Kermit wrote:
    That said, the people who whinge the most are the ones who are in the wrong- posh twats in Beemers, and van drivers, who ignore yellow lines should be towed away and charged £500 to get their car back.

Having been a white van man I can understand, yes its annoying for other people but in most places you really dont have a choice. You try finding a parking place in central london to make a delivery!
    I don't care about the government issuing fines, they're okay. But your car is your property, so they should not be allowed to effectively steal it, or prevent you from driving it. If there is genuinely a hazard, then a government run organisation should be allowed to move your car, then issue you with a fine. They should not be required to give out a certain number of tickets, it's not a fucking business. Imagine if police officers were told they had to arrest a certain number of people today? They'd have to completely forego any common sense. But the most important thing is that a traffic warden's job is to enforce the law, and as such, no private organisation should be allowed to do that.
    But the most important thing is that a traffic warden's job is to enforce the law, and as such, no private organisation should be allowed to do that.

We are using private companies to run operation theatre's and wage wars for us, so I dont see this being that different.
    I totally agree, Traffic Wardens are complete arse holes!!! I mean its all fair and well if people take the piss and leave their cars for hours or days where they blantantly cant park but what gets me is the bastards that wait for your ticket to run out and BAM!! they issue you a ticket!! i am talking minutes!! Lurkers!!!

Personally i wouldnt be able to sleep at night knowing that i had issued 20-30 tickets to people, half of which are a shamble!!
    But your car is your property,

I think if you seek some legal advice you will discover that,in the eyes of the law, it`s not.
    Imagine if police officers were told they had to arrest a certain number of people today?

They are given targets, especially the traffic department.
    seeker wrote:
    They are given targets, especially the traffic department.
    Yeah I know that (and it's bullshit), but I was thinking about something like if they were patrolling outside a few clubs, and they were told rather than keeping the peace, they were required to arrest 10 people each that night. Because that's effectively what they're doing by issuing targets to wardens. The whole point of traffic wardens is (or should be) to keep the streets safe and allow access for things like ambulances, not rake in as much money as possible.
    But the most important thing is that a traffic warden's job is to enforce the law, and as such, no private organisation should be allowed to do that.

Parking control in most cities is now a civil matter rather than a criminal one.

I'd agree that profit-making companies such as NCP should not be allowed to issue tickets, as it creates problems and removes a lack of objectivity. Before traffic wardens would take a decision to wait a few minutes before issuing tickets for overstaying in a parking bay, but in the time of profit and targets they can no longer do so.

Most traffic tickets issued are perfectly justified, though, it just tends to be pricks who don't think the regulations apply to them. And for them I have absolutely zero sympathy. And as I say, anyone who parks in a disabled bay without the badge should be facing a fine of at least £300 (though I'd like to see them crush the posh beemers and 4x4s that are the worst for it).
    Yeah I know that (and it's bullshit), but I was thinking about something like if they were patrolling outside a few clubs, and they were told rather than keeping the peace, they were required to arrest 10 people each that night. Because that's effectively what they're doing by issuing targets to wardens. The whole point of traffic wardens is (or should be) to keep the streets safe and allow access for things like ambulances, not rake in as much money as possible.

My guess is that money is the only objective.
    seeker wrote:
    My guess is that money is the only objective.
    Unlike those speed cameras which are all about saving lives. ;)
    Unlike those speed cameras which are all about saving lives. ;)

Although they are a good money maker its impossible to get one put in an area which hasnt already had a series of nasty accidents.
    budda wrote:
    Although they are a good money maker its impossible to get one put in an area which hasnt already had a series of nasty accidents.
    I love those ones on a long bit of straight road after a dual carriageway. Specifically to catch people out as they leave a dual carriageway and forget to slow down in time. I think that speed cameras should have some sort of tiered system so that if you get caught several times on a single camera going slightly above the speed limit, you get fined. And if you get caught going dangerously above the limit, you get fined and points for just one offence. That way it's hard to go to an unfamiliar place and get done for drifting over the limit, which any driver knows is quite easy to do. And that way, you're not wasting "dangerous driving" rehabilitation programmes on someone that got caught once doing 34 in a 30 zone.

I also love those people who claimed that the drop in road accidents last year was a result of speed cameras, yet completely ignored the previous 6 or 7 years of rises since speed cameras were operational.
    You can only get a speed camera installed if there has been an accident, and like it or not, one of the most dangerous bits of road is when a long stretch of dual carriageway becomes a single carriageway.

A competent driver shouldn't "drift" over the speed limit. And 34mph in a 30 is dangerous in my book, far more so than 70 in a 60.
    Kermit wrote:
    A competent driver shouldn't "drift" over the speed limit. And 34mph in a 30 is dangerous in my book, far more so than 70 in a 60.
    It's stupid to expect everyone to drive perfectly all of the time. It's all well and good saying "a competent driver should, blah, blah, blah" but in practice, people make mistakes. Far more effective at getting people to slow down are those signs that measure your speed and light up with "slow down" if you're going too fast. I mean once I've already been caught by a speed camera, I couldn't give a shit after that. Most people do want to abide by the law, and those that don't will drive like maniacs whenever there are no speed cameras anyway. A gentle reminder of what speed I'm going is far more effective in my opinion. The fact is that speed cameras don't measure dangerous driving.
    Speed cameras aren't neccessarily to reduce accidents - they're to reduce accidents which result in death or injury

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5387568.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4636913.stm

They seem to at least be helping in that.
    Kermit wrote:
    Fines for people who park in disabled bays without the badge should be a minimum of £300- anyone who does that is a cunt of the highest order, and really deserves to have their car crushed...

As for what happens when the traffic wardens aren't there...utter chaos.

I completely agree with you here.
    Yep, found this one interesting:

FATAL CRASH FACTORS
    Losing control
    35%
    Going too fast for conditions
    17%
    Failing to look properly
    17%
    Turning or maneouvring poorly
    12%
    Exceeding speed limit
    12%
    and excessive speed was reported in 15% of all accidents and 26% of fatal crashes.

Emphasis mine.

Speed cameras don't neccessarily reduce accidents, they do reduce deaths and serious injuries.

Emphasis mine.

Speed cameras don't neccessarily reduce accidents, they do reduce deaths and serious injuries.

...as well as generating an ass-load of revenue.
    Speed cameras don't measure dangerous driving, and shouldn't replace traffic police, but the fact is that a competent driver who is paying attention to the road around him won't get caught speeding. If a driver gets caught speeding then he should be punished for it. I fail to see the issue with that.

If everyone obeyed the law then the revenue raised would be zero...you might as well claim that any fine is just "revenue raising" and an unfair tax on criminals.

Speed cameras are rarely in a place for no reason- the reason is that people are driving too fast for the roads and are causing dangerous crashes.

If you lose control you're nearly always driving too fast for the road conditions.
    ...as well as generating an ass-load of revenue.
    So?

If councils need money to provide services I'd much rather they got that by speed cameras than increasing council tax, especially as there is an added value of less people dying.
    Most people do want to abide by the law, and those that don't will drive like maniacs whenever there are no speed cameras anyway.

My mate lost his licence because of persistant speeding, strangely enough he learnt his lesson after that.

And even if they are only implicated in 12% of accidents, that's still loads, and its a factor in accidents we can solve far more easily than the others.
    Tell you what should fuck off straight away. Those speed bumps. Anyone who gives a shit about their car will agree with me here. No wonder so many people own 4x4s.