Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Psychotic type episode

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A couple of nights one of my mates who was on pills started rolling around the floor talking to herself, having a full on conversation with herself and talking about taking the bins out at 7am on a sunady morning, this isn't the first time it's happened her but it's the worst incident as she can't even remember any of it, i asked her the next day about it and she had no rellocation of it.

Is it possible this is some sort of psychotic type episode that the pills triggered something in her head? It's kinda scary because if she wasn't with us who knows what might have happened.

We put her up into bed and came back up a while later and she was still sitting rolling around with her eyes closed talking away to herself, anyone any idea what this could be?

It's not just the pills itself because we all were on the same one's and no one else went like this, however she has done it before on different type of pills, funny at the time but not so funny if something bad did ever happen.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't know mate, a similar sort of thing happens to one of my mates aswell. She doesn't have conversations with herself but she double dropped once and was sitting there, eyes rolling back jabbering some shit about Texaco petrol stations and tractors to no one and when we asked her what the hell she was talking about she was just like "what? I'm sorry, I'm sorry ed" So I was like what for, you haven't done anything and then she came out with some more shit. Later on she went into her tent and was talking more shit and we looked in her tent and she was charing about on all fours like a beast. It was fucked up shit, we were on the same pills as her and I was on about 13 and was fine. She always does fucked up shit like that on pills though, I don't know why it is.
    This girl actually does have full on conversations with herself though, she works in a deli counter and sits and talks about what people want on their bread and how much it is and what type of sauce on it.

Funny at the time but kinda fucked up and you just can't help but wondering what would happen if her mates weren't there.
    ive seen plenty of people roll around talkin shite but ive found it tends to be down to the person.. as far as ive noticed people tend to be either really bad on e's or dead on and dont get into that much of a state no matter how many they take

i had that type of thing happen to me once tho, over the summer.. which was very strange because im usually dead on no matter how many e's i take ... and i only took two that night so im convinced it was down to a dodgy pill

and yea it can be fuckin funny but also a bit dodgy, espiscally a bit more concerning if its a girl .. if it was a male mate i'd probably just leave em to it.. in sayin that i dont know what i'd do if it was out at a rave or a club or what not, ive only expierenced it in house partys and minus the odd carpet burn its doubtful they're gonna do that much damage

and the bit about not remembering happened to me too.. usually time flys on e's but i remember bits and bobs.. that time i couldnt remember a thing .. people were actually comin up and sayin 'ha you were in some state last night' and i was completly oblivious, couldnt remember any of it!

if i had stuff like that happen to me on e's i probably wouldnt bother.. you turn into a complete and utter mess!
    Females react differently to pills than males, they need less and should not ever try and match male consumption, its just stupid.

If it was a friend of mine I'd be doing everything I could to stop them using at all, it may be 'funny' at the time, but its not going to be so laughable if she needs to get sectioned.
    aye she said anything could have happened here out on the town, especially if it's a girl..could have got raped or anything, fucked up like.

Thankfully it happened at her own house so it wasn't as bad but could only imagine what would happen if we'd have been in the pub earlier in the evening and it had have happend.

She only had 2 but has had much more other times so i don't know, she hadn't even been smoking ganga, just lots of booze then the pills.
    budda wrote:
    Females react differently to pills than males, they need less and should not ever try and match male consumption, its just stupid.

If it was a friend of mine I'd be doing everything I could to stop them using at all, it may be 'funny' at the time, but its not going to be so laughable if she needs to get sectioned.

Your right, it wouldn't be funny at all if she needed to be sectioned. She said she's off them, well she said it on sunday morning but that was comedown talk so only time will tell.

There's no real way in stopping anyone taking pills, if she wants to take them she'll take them and especially if other people there are it'll be even harder for her to stop.
    I know for a fact that anyone ingesting loads of booze beforehand and during is just going to get into one huge mess. The experience is going to be alot harder on the body compared to if you were drinking water.
    Shogun wrote:
    Your right, it wouldn't be funny at all if she needed to be sectioned. She said she's off them, well she said it on sunday morning but that was comedown talk so only time will tell.

There's no real way in stopping anyone taking pills, if she wants to take them she'll take them and especially if other people there are it'll be even harder for her to stop.

Of course, but you can (and in my opinion you should) try and stop her, telling her in detail what happened and what could have happened is a good place to start.
    I know for a fact that anyone ingesting loads of booze beforehand and during is just going to get into one huge mess. The experience is going to be alot harder on the body compared to if you were drinking water.

Yeah i found out the hard way. Much better experience without alcohol.
    A couple of nights one of my mates who was on pills started rolling around the floor talking to herself, having a full on conversation with herself and talking about taking the bins out at 7am on a sunady morning, this isn't the first time it's happened her but it's the worst incident as she can't even remember any of it, i asked her the next day about it and she had no rellocation of it.

Is it possible this is some sort of psychotic type episode that the pills triggered something in her head? It's kinda scary because if she wasn't with us who knows what might have happened.

We put her up into bed and came back up a while later and she was still sitting rolling around with her eyes closed talking away to herself, anyone any idea what this could be?

It's not just the pills itself because we all were on the same one's and no one else went like this, however she has done it before on different type of pills, funny at the time but not so funny if something bad did ever happen.

I've not seen this happen, but I know girl's who told me they've had a conversation with themself in bed, alone, after dropping a few. I get the feeling it has more to do with the users state of mind before dropping pills. i.e. how they're head works in their everday live's. Peopletalk to themselves subconcioulsy all the time, maybe the mind on pills doesn't realize and what they think in their head no-longer becomes hindered, it actually becomes a spoken out aloud or pyhsical thought process...
    Yea, i've found that myself whenever i've drank alot more than usual and then take pills i end up in such a mess.

Budda; I told her and her girlfriend also told her in detail what happened, she said she was off them but only time will tell with her, she's a bit of a header.

Box; I've no idea why she would be thinking about taking the bins out at 7am and making people sandwiches with brown sauce but who knows what goes on in anyones head.
    Box; I've no idea why she would be thinking about taking the bins out at 7am and making people sandwiches with brown sauce but who knows what goes on in anyones head.

Fair point, I did realized this after i posted :(

Sausage sandwhices without sauce? Scandolous!
    I know, madness.

You would have thought she was posessed by some sorta demon or something the way she was acting.
    When i hear things like this, it kind of puts me off dropping. I doubt it would hit me in that sort of way, nothing outrageously bad has happened so far...
    Sounds like doing too many pills. I knew a lass in Birmingham who became convinced she was still working in her job a cafe, while in the Que Club off her head on pills. She started taking orders and giving people imaginary cheese toasties.
    Blagsta wrote:
    Sounds like doing too many pills. I knew a lass in Birmingham who became convinced she was still working in her job a cafe, while in the Que Club off her head on pills. She started taking orders and giving people imaginary cheese toasties.

That's exactly what she done a couple of weekends ago, went into my mates kitchen and started making imaginary sandwiches and taking orders from us, she was sure she was working in her deli counter when in fact it was the middle of the night in a mates house.

Must just be something to do with certain people, however it never happens at the start of the night, always late after the club or pub when we're all back in a house.
    Box wrote:
    When i hear things like this, it kind of puts me off dropping. I doubt it would hit me in that sort of way, nothing outrageously bad has happened so far...

You never know.

If i'm not mistaken you've only started taking pills haven't you? i'm sure you've alot of crazy nights to come, i've had some mad and stupid nights out on them.
    Shogun wrote:
    That's exactly what she done a couple of weekends ago, went into my mates kitchen and started making imaginary sandwiches and taking orders from us, she was sure she was working in her deli counter when in fact it was the middle of the night in a mates house.

Must just be something to do with certain people, however it never happens at the start of the night, always late after the club or pub when we're all back in a house.

Trippy pills.
    Blagsta wrote:
    Trippy pills.

They are to an extent but not that trippy to cause these type of things to occur, everyone else there wasn't taking about sandwiches and brown sauce.:crazyeyes
    Shogun wrote:
    They are to an extent but not that trippy to cause these type of things to occur, everyone else there wasn't taking about sandwiches and brown sauce.:crazyeyes

People are different innit.
    Blagsta wrote:
    People are different innit.

That's it.
    i often find myself thinking about work when im on pills. i've never thought i was actually in work though
    I have done all that shit quite a few times.

I've sat in a room of people and say "Good morning xxx helpdesk, my name is Phil how can I help?"

And then looked at everyone staring at me blankly and been like uhhhhhh.

I've also turned around and said things like "Just dont go on the motorway, take a fuckin left" etc

It's horrible shit, it was funny at the time though, a lot of people in my circle did it, I think too many drugs though - although I suffered worse than anyone, and I do believe its linked to some kind of psychotic problem.

In the end it was why I stopped taking pills almost entirely, waking up and finding out the shit I'd done the night before was unbearable.

Once I told a girl in the local shop I was going to kill her and bury her apparantley (because I couldn't pay for fags on my card), someone I know was there and said I was just joking around, but she didn't find it funny and her boyfriend nearly floored me, my only defence was I couldn't remember a thing.. !
    All I want do on pills is dance, drink and smoke weed. Either one is sucha luxury, but, it damages the effect of the come up doesnt it? Bah cant help it. All'a that its nice on a comedown anyway. Who cant say, the best thing in the world is having a spliff before you got bed after dropping loadsa pills?

Stick 'friday' on. Sick....
    If i'm not mistaken you've only started taking pills haven't you? i'm sure you've alot of crazy nights to come, i've had some mad and stupid nights out on them.

Yes. Ive just started taking them. I came to uni and I was always going to try anyway :D
    I feel i can control myself, as i can on alcohol. Im never a knob to anyone under the influence anyway, so really, ive nothing to worry about :D Fuck, pills are definatley part of my life now. You cant deny they're great!

I know, I know! I've had a few already in just 2-3 months! I got years ahead of me! I intend to pill myself up often as possible!!!! :P
    Going 'Warehouse Project' in Manchester new years day! That is going to be awesome!
    Box wrote:
    Going 'Warehouse Project' in Manchester new years day! That is going to be awesome!
    i've been to see roger sanchez and sasha so far at the warehouse prject. its really good! i might be goin on NYD too :D
    Box wrote:
    I know, I know! I've had a few already in just 2-3 months! I got years ahead of me! I intend to pill myself up often as possible!!!! :P

That's a bad idea, your tolerance will go up and the quality of the high will go down. Keeping it to once a month is ideal.
    This all sounds very familiar to me, in fact is one of the reasons I stopped taking pills, I started to find it difficult to know where the fuck I was and what I was doing/not doing. It's alright - bit embarassing - when you start thinking you're in school or at work (pretty much everyone I know used to blurt out embarassing things like "I don't know, miss" etc when pilled up) but I found I ended up in a state where I'd still be doing it days later too, which was when I knew it wasn't too good. I still sometimes say random things out loud now (not in the street, thankfully, but sometimes just sitting on the sofa at home) and I think that might be to do with the drugs I took when I was younger... though maybe that's me trying to blame my madness on the easiest scapegoat :p

Eyes rolling back in the head was totally normal for me, too, depending on the pills and how many I'd taken. I think budda said earlier about females needing less than males, I can't emphasise how incredibly true that is for the most part. I remember nights when my girly mates and I would drop the same amount of pills or acid as the blokes I was out with, sometimes used to end up frothing at the mouth and hanging onto someone's neck for dear life feeling like I was about to fall off the edge of the world. Of course I never remembered any of this the next day. Oh dear!

It can be funny when people go nuts on pills, but obviously it can be scary too, especially if I'm pilled up myself and not really in a state of mind to be able to look after them properly. It's hard to know when to panic and when they're just going through the usual motions - if you're worried and she's worried then maybe it is time for her to think about knocking it on the head. Though people do have a tendency to say that on a comedown and be necking 'em with the best of them the next weekend.
    I've never had the eye rolling back thing.
    I think that some people are just affected differently by them, as I said earlier, my friend always used to blurt out random shit and do fucked up shit on pills like charging around on all fours like a beast. Whilst myself and some of my other mates are relatively fine, even when we're on like 18 pills. Quite scary to think what effect it will have on those poeple, like my mate and Shogun's mate, in the long term.
    lipsy wrote:
    i often find myself thinking about work when im on pills. i've never thought i was actually in work though

This happens to my friend all the time. He has a part-time job doing the bread in the mornings at a supermarket. When he's winged he always starts going on about doing the bread. "Oh, here's the white loaves, soon be done here" "I wonder if Jack will be late today with the delivery" "Where did I put that crate". It's absolutely insane and happens quite a lot. We always try and tell him he's not doing the bread and he's at a party, but he's in his own little world.

Then he'll snap out of it and be like "Boys, that was wild mad there, I thought I was at work doing the bread". Yeah, no shit man. :rolleyes: