Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The God Delusion

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    byny wrote:
    Not true. Sience is not really proving anything at all. I would say both science and religion are equally unbelievable.

Ah yes, the thought of miracles and logic. The suffering in the world, the stories of the bible, do you fundamentally believe everyone of them? Do you take them as pure fact? Most religions contradict the Theory of Evolution (note, the theory, not the proven fact) and the great pile of evidence we have at our disposal to build our opinions.

Do you agree with the following?

Humans were the first living things created. I've read history thousands of years before humans existed, and the fossils, carbon dating and everything else we can do to unravel our past is just ludicrous to use in the quest for accurate historical fact. It's all just an illusion.

I'll say it again, a fundamental view of MOST religions is a view, which holds most flaws but cannot be proven wrong. If we believe in a conservative way, and try to avoid the hypocrisy which tends to want to come along with certain fundamental religious beliefs, science and religion can co-exist, and as you said, they are equally correct. I just don't agree ;) but that's an individual subjective opinion.

F-U-N-D-A-M-E-N-T-A-L-I-S-M. Many such beliefs clash with science. That is true

I can't say this is a thorough post but i can't be bothered at this time. Exhausted. :( Sorry if i offended anyone. :rolleyes: I'll probably re-read this post and regret posting it.